Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Seeking applications ...
Virgin_Steel
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:27 am Reply with quote

I don't know if someone can help tell me.
I want to stream an audio channel on my php-Nuke site.
So there are few problems:
1.I don't know how to do it.It's something like online radio, i want people to hear the koncert online as we play it.What i need to do?

2.How to make it like a Nuke module/block with play/stop button or smth like that??

10q uuuu!!!
Raven i believe you'll help me.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:10 pm Reply with quote

Check this [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] and do a search for 'streaming' in the forums.

Virgin_Steel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:18 am Reply with quote

I've done it before my post.But my request is not about to play music that i will upload...I need a way to make Live Radio ...what i mean is:
I play on the stage (with my band) and somehow my users/visitors to be able to listen to it in REAL TIME from the site.

CanPanther

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 3:59 pm Reply with quote

Just set up WinAMP and Shoutcast and advertise the link on your website. Shoutcast can be setup to broadcast both playlists as well as live feeds.

Hope that helps.

CanPanther

Virgin_Steel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:25 pm Reply with quote

CanPanther, i found Shoutcast ? But it lost me.I really don't know what to do with it, if you can explain me with few words, please do it.

Last edited by Virgin_Steel on Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total 
CanPanther

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:34 pm Reply with quote

Virgin_Steel wrote:
CanPanther, what is Shoutcast ?

Shoutcast is a broadcasting plugin for WinAMP. I have used it many times in the past and it works great for web radio.
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

CanPanther

Virgin_Steel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:42 pm Reply with quote

DO you have an ICQ...or another chat client to chat with you ?

dcasmr
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:47 pm Reply with quote

If you really want to play music or even video, I strongly recommend that you follow the link provided by Raven and choose WimpyPlayer as suggested by hitwalker. You have to pay a small fee for it, but it is worth it. It uses flash so you do not have to worry if your visitors have the proper pluggin.
The only drawback is that support is very poor. I managed to install it myself with a little work. I am very much satisfied with the interface and the usability.

Thanks,
dcasmr

Virgin_Steel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:14 am Reply with quote

dcasmr, i have a copy of WimpyPLayer paid.But i need ONLINE streaming...
I PLAY and listeners listen...not to record my concert and then to upload mp3...

dcasmr

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:29 pm Reply with quote

Have you look into Darwin Streaming server? It installs on Linux. I had considered it before, but it looks like it will not work with a shared server.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Seeking applications ...

View next topic
View previous topic