Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.0
Savent
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 8:29 pm Reply with quote

hi,
I was not to impressed with nuke 7.2 through 7.5, so i went back to old school CZEnhanced 7.0,(from codezwiz) I did a complete fresh install of my site, all works great expect the statistics module, as you can see here: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] i tried reinstall it 3 times, took me a hour and the statics module is always the same way, never shows no numbers, if you noticed the left block, works thou, hit counter block,

I posted this on codezwiz's site, and Telli told me to:

Try running a repair on your nuke_counter table.
REPAIR TABLE nuke_counter;

so i did, from my mysql database:
Table Op Msg_type Msg_text
elite-gamersXXXXXXXX.nuke_counter repair status OK

and the module still wont show hits?

hitwalker
Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:52 am Reply with quote

im not sure what you mean with ..."no numbers" but the simple stats mod from nuke doesnt show hits per day,only total.
and the rest that shows like ..o thats because your system just started to count...

64bitguy
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:58 am Reply with quote

You did a fresh installation thus you blew out all of your old data. The site (and this module) thus thinks that there is no historical data and again.. thus can't display your historical data, but rather just this new information.

Don't dispair though. If you made a backup of your old stuff before re-installing, it's simply a matter of going into your backup and manually restoring the old data into your new database.

You are looking specifically at these tables (PREFIX=Whatever your prefix is)

PREFIX_counter
PREFIX_stats_date
PREFIX_stats_hour
PREFIX_stats_month
PREFIX_stats_year

Finally, I would dump that version of statistics in favor of something that displays all of the various browser types.

Not to toot my own horn, but the Statistics module on my site does this is available in my downloads section.

You can see it at: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Hope this helps.

hireamerica
Client

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:34 pm Reply with quote

Trying to just throw Firefox into the counter.

But I can't find what inserts into $PREFIX_counter (nuke_counter).

Any help? Figure this is now a good thing to do since opensource created firefox as well.

hireamerica

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 4:27 pm Reply with quote

Ah persistance!!
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] for a showing.

In your includes folder you need to tweak the counter.php file

-> this is fairly straighforward excepting that you must look at the Netscape line which eregs for Mozilla which is going to be in Firefox's browser tag. So just add an !ereg for Firefox in there and then add your own elseif for Firefox.

In your modules/statistics you need to add firefox to several places, and I suggest just copying existing line and replacing with Firefox.

Lastly, add your own line to nuke_counter for "browser" and "firefox".

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.0

View next topic
View previous topic