Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 6.8
Que

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 6:45 am Reply with quote

Hey Raven,

I downloaded your Site Info block, but it does not let people login using it. I really like that block, but I can not figure out why it will not allow me to use the login feature. Everything else seems to work though.

I was also currious if there is a way to protect certian forums and downloads. I don't just want registered useres, but an extra group per say. For example, I have some programs on my site I only want certian individuals to have access to, same goes with the corsponding message boards. But I do not want all of my registerd users to have access. Any suggestions? Could you refer me to a website that descusses this in detail?

I have noticed on a couple sites, they require membership approval. I liked that Idea and downloaded a module that allows that. Its a very neet program. Is there a block that corosponds to this to display the waiting list in a block? Well that was a stupid question, I know there is, I have seen them. My real question is, would you happen to know where I could locate one. Kind of a, could you point me to a few pages that have some good resorces. All I have is nukecops and you. Most of the others I find are not in english.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 7:04 am Reply with quote

Wow! Many questions here. Let's see if I can sort them out.

Quote:
I downloaded your Site Info block, but it does not let people login using it. I really like that block, but I can not figure out why it will not allow me to use the login feature. Everything else seems to work though.
I have no idea. It is just the standard nuke block with my additions.

Quote:
I was also currious if there is a way to protect certian forums and downloads. I don't just want registered useres, but an extra group per say. For example, I have some programs on my site I only want certian individuals to have access to, same goes with the corsponding message boards. But I do not want all of my registerd users to have access. Any suggestions? Could you refer me to a website that descusses this in detail?
For the forums you can create special groups and then only allow access to those in the group. For the downloads, I have seen some mods but don't remember where.

Quote:
I have noticed on a couple sites, they require membership approval. I liked that Idea and downloaded a module that allows that. Its a very neet program. Is there a block that corosponds to this to display the waiting list in a block? Well that was a stupid question, I know there is, I have seen them. My real question is, would you happen to know where I could locate one. Kind of a, could you point me to a few pages that have some good resorces. All I have is nukecops and you. Most of the others I find are not in english.
Since I write most of the things I need, I really don't gather resources. Some that I do know of, though, would be [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

I know there are others out there and I'm sure that others will help in this list.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 6.8

View next topic
View previous topic