Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke(tm) v2.5x
Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:47 am Reply with quote

Greetings to all! My health is doing better and I'm trying to get back in some kind of regular routine. I feel like I'm having to learn to walk all over again, but things are starting to fall into place, somewhat, LOL! I have missed many of you and hope to catch up the best I can. Please let me hear from those of you that are still using RavenNuke (tm) to show you still want development. I will basically support v2.51 the best I can while Neralex will be leading the charge in RavenCMS, at least that's the plan for now.

Comments welcome!!

Doulos
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:09 am Reply with quote

Good to hear. Missed you.

neralex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:18 am Reply with quote

Sounds good. I had a long skype call with kguske. After sorting some administrative stuff and merging our development-installations we will continue the work on RavenCMS as soon as possible. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:47 am Reply with quote

Welcome back... hope things will work out for the better with your health.

@Neralex.... time to put stuff in the github so we can see what must/should/can be done.

neralex

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:11 pm Reply with quote

Yes its on the todo list. After sorting/merging the stuff we can say more.

Dawg
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:44 am Reply with quote

That is the best news I have heard in a while. I have been looking hard at what to go with for my next site build. Thinking of stabbing myself in the eye with a sharp stick.

Long Live RN!

Dawg

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:20 am Reply with quote

Dawg, lol. No need for drastic measures. Glad to know you're still alive and well! Are you willing and able to help out?

Whitehat, do you wish to have a part in development?

Raven

Dawg

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:41 am Reply with quote

Yes Sir...Count me in.

I was thinking I was going to have to move to wordpress. Ahhhhhhh!

Glad to hear you are doing better!.

Dawg

mike63740
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:50 pm Reply with quote

I’m happy to hear that your health is better and you are trying to get back in routine with RavenNuke.

A few years ago, I dropped my RavenNuke 2.51 website along with two HTML sites because of health conditions. This week I began to setup RavenNuke in XAMPP to prepare myself for new sites on the web, starting with RavenNuke.

I wish you and your family the very best and hope RavenNuke will always be around.

Thank you.

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:25 am Reply with quote

Thank you all for your messages/PMs, they mean a lot!

Friday morning, September 2, around 4am Maddie's (one of our Chis) blood-sugar was high so I needed to give her some insulin which is not unusual. However, as I was walking down the stairs my right heel slipped out from under me and I fell down 10 steps on my back hitting the back of my head a couple of times. I sat at the bottom of the stairs for a few minutes assessing my situation until I thought I could stand up. In pain I hobbled into the kitchen to get Maddie's insulin. As I was drawing the insulin from the vial I felt nautious. That's all I remember.

Next thing I know, Margie is trying to get me to wake up; I had passed out. She said she's calling 911 and I tell her there's no need, I just need to rest a bit. She says "no you're not ok. You've cut the back of your head open and you're bleeding all over!" So I say you better call 911 then, lol. So after a brief ride (where I vomit) to the ER I'm checked out, x-rays of my chest, CT scan of my head, and then admitted for observation. While waiting for the CT I vomit again but this was severe hurling Sad; signs of a concussion. Oh, I forgot this little detail. They needed to put 4 staples in my head to close the gash in my head. The doc says that to use the anesthetic hurts worse than the staples so I agreed to stapling w/o numbing. OMGosh! I have never ever felt that kind of pain, I kid you not! Stapling to my head!

Anyway, I digress. As the morning wears on I am in pain but other than that I'm pretty good. No problems with vision, balance, etc. So when the doc comes in I tell him I do not need to stay overnight. He debates it with me but I stand my ground. He wanted to bring Neurology in to assess me and I tell him, no because I am feeling okay. Well, he at least wants me have an MRI; if it checks out okay I can go home, if not then he wants me to stay. I felt that was a reasonable compromise. 4 hours later I still haven't heard from him so I request they light a fire under him because I tell them that one way or another I intend to go home w/i a couple of hours. I didn't want to go AMA but I would so they need to get hold of him, lol. Anyway, they tracked him down and the MRI was fine so they give me my walking papers! I am in pretty severe pain from the banging of my back and head but looks like I'll survive.

I am still suffering the effects of the concussion. It also apppears the head trauma has reignited my Narcolepsy to where it was several years ago, i.e., I am sleeping a lot again. Anyway, I am still involved but my responses may be slower than desired.

Last edited by Raven on Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total 
wHiTeHaT

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:50 am Reply with quote

I hope your fine now.
And yes i would like to contribute to the development.
Still hanging around with osCommerce, i have managed to know it inside-out, even the never released versions.
I'm now 100% OOP.

So who knows, might go make a new osc2nuke cart in the feature.

Watch the stairs.

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:55 am Reply with quote

wHiTeHaT wrote:
I hope your fine now.
And yes i would like to contribute to the development.
Still hanging around with osCommerce, i have managed to know it inside-out, even the never released versions.
I'm now 100% OOP.

So who knows, might go make a new osc2nuke cart in the feature.

Watch the stairs.

Lol!

neralex

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:08 am Reply with quote

wHiTeHaT wrote:
... i have managed to know it inside-out, even the never released versions.

There is still no RC out there. I'm working hard to close all inconsistencies in order to get all modules, blocks etc. on the same coding-style/-level. It should work with Bootstrap 3.3.7 and 4.x! If I would share the current build, then it would create more work/questions than I can manage by myself. I hope I can share an RC-build at the end of the year. Wink

gravutrad
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:41 am Reply with quote

Happy to see you around here raven. Take care of you.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:25 pm Reply with quote

Well, make sure you are sitting down my friend... yes, it is me... montego. Smile I was so glad to hear that your health is doing better, but then read further about the mishap on the steps! So sorry to hear Sad !

Anyways, I do miss the old days of RN. My how the time flies by. Take care all of my old 'peeps' from days of old.

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:41 pm Reply with quote

gravutrad wrote:
Happy to see you around here raven. Take care of you.

Thank you!

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:45 pm Reply with quote

montego wrote:
Well, make sure you are sitting down my friend... yes, it is me... montego. Smile I was so glad to hear that your health is doing better, but then read further about the mishap on the steps! So sorry to hear Sad !

Anyways, I do miss the old days of RN. My how the time flies by. Take care all of my old 'peeps' from days of old.

Hey! It's almost like a reunion, I love it! Thank you for your good wishes! Blessings to you and family!

ricktido
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:30 pm Reply with quote

Good to see that RavenNuke is still not a dead project!

nextgen
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:51 am Reply with quote

Welcome back dear friend, so glad you are healthier. Surely missed and sending out nothing but good thoughts and prayers your way..

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:19 am Reply with quote

Ricktido and nextgen, thank you and it's so good to see you guys still here too! One thing we are also working on is trying to get a php7 release of RN2.51 released Wink!

kd8hho
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:42 am Reply with quote

Hey long time no see!

it has been awhile since i been around here. wow time sure has went by.

also stairs are evil

Linux Register User #481509 | Ubuntu Register User #25492 
CodyG

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:38 pm Reply with quote

I'm always late to the party. Sad Anyways, good to hear from you, Raven. Good to see the site is still up. I checked about a year ago but failed to connect. Amazing how time flies and how I'm still sitting here waiting for the CMS of my dreams. RavenNuke was and likely still is the closest to being that CMS.

I was half running, half archiving two Raven sites. However, I updated my vps to apache 4 last weekend, and now my .htaccess and stuff is 500 on just those sites. I'll have a look around and see if the fix is up here somewhere.

hugs all round - take care.

Cody

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:12 pm Reply with quote

Hi Cody! I've often wondered if you were still around; glad to know that you are!

neralex

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:50 pm Reply with quote

CodyG wrote:
I was half running, half archiving two Raven sites. However, I updated my vps to apache 4 last weekend, and now my .htaccess and stuff is 500 on just those sites. I'll have a look around and see if the fix is up here somewhere.

What is apache 4? The latest apache version is 2.4.33!

CodyG

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:27 pm Reply with quote

Yes, of course, it's 2.4 ... I've been looking at 2.3 for so long.
In anycase, I seemed to have fixed my problem by reverting back to php 5.3. Odd how the sites were still going on php 7, but not with apache 2.4. all on linux cloud.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke(tm) v2.5x

View next topic
View previous topic