Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke / Raven CMS CMS Wiki
neo722712
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:05 pm Reply with quote

Will the New CMS have Auto post feature ?
Word Press has a feature that when you post to the site as ADMIN or Host of the site it auto go's to Say ( Twitter - Facebook ) Also

Thank you

Guardian2003 wrote:
There will not be a Chat add-on/module - mostly because live chat type functionality has a huge impact on server load/server traffic and the majority of people used shared hosting (a lot of shared hosting providers, particularly at the cheaper end of the market prohibit chat software).

However, it is something I would like to see because it could be used for business websites as a kind of 'live support' type system and of course it would be nice for gaming community websites. Whether it would be included in a future release of RavenCMS(tm) I couldn't say BUT it would definitely be something I would like to develop as third party software if it didn't make it onto the core system.

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:05 am Reply with quote

No it doesn't but that is something I would definitely like to see, though for the time being you could simply use the social sharing options. The main reason it was never integrated earlier was because Twitter, Facebook, Google+ etc were always changing their authentication method as you always need to authenticate your user status with those services for it to work properly.

spasticdonkey
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:49 am Reply with quote

Google feedburner has nice options for syndicating any of your RSS feeds to twitter, as well as the "BuzzBoost" feature which can republish your feeds as a html widget. I've fallen behind the latest social sharing options but there are probably existing options to use RSS feeds on Facebook, Google+ etc.

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:30 pm Reply with quote

We should split this off as a separate topic, but there are some options for auto-posting stories (or any content from an RSS feed - e.g. generated by nukeFEED ) to social media:
- Feedburner posts to Twitter only (Twitter itself can auto post to Facebook)
- Hootsuite posts to multiple social media channels
- Buffer posts to multiple social media channels with a paid account
- dlvr.it posts to multiple social media channels (free up to 5 feeds for up to 3 channels, including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Tumbler & App.net; G+ and one other service require a premium account)
- Twitterfeed posts to multiple social media channels (free)

Remember that FB will only authenticate for a period of time, so you'll need to "reconnect" periodically.

tourniqu3t
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:33 am Reply with quote

kguske wrote:
We should split this off as a separate topic, but there are some options for auto-posting stories (or any content from an RSS feed - e.g. generated by nukeFEED ) to social media:
- Feedburner posts to Twitter only (Twitter itself can auto post to Facebook)
- Hootsuite posts to multiple social media channels
- Buffer posts to multiple social media channels with a paid account
- dlvr.it posts to multiple social media channels (free up to 5 feeds for up to 3 channels, including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Tumbler & App.net; G+ and one other service require a premium account)
- Twitterfeed posts to multiple social media channels (free)

Remember that FB will only authenticate for a period of time, so you'll need to "reconnect" periodically.

I think everyone should adjust timer or choose unlimit time for the line you said. I meant the line you said "FB will only authenticate for a period of time, so you'll need to "reconnect" periodically.". If it's short time, users will feel annoyed.

neo722712

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:41 pm Reply with quote

spasticdonkey wrote:
Google feedburner has nice options for syndicating any of your RSS feeds to twitter, as well as the "BuzzBoost" feature which can republish your feeds as a html widget. I've fallen behind the latest social sharing options but there are probably existing options to use RSS feeds on Facebook, Google+ etc.

I think you mis understood me,
I meant when you post to the website it can go to twitter as well as face book
Thanks

kguske

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:49 pm Reply with quote

neo722712, Spasticdonkey is saying that by setting up an RSS feed, you can automatically post new stories to Facebook and Twitter (well, only to Twitter using Feedburner, but I noted other options to do both above).

You can also do this with Forum posts, downloads, weblinks and most other forms of content available on RN sites using nukeFEED.

So, not sure you you meant by "post," but I believe you can do it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke / Raven CMS CMS Wiki

View next topic
View previous topic