Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff
jane1965

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:02 am Reply with quote

Hi,

Please can someone tell me what has probably happened to my site? Instead of my site I now have a ravennuke database message in its place and I have made no changes to this site, the last time I looked at it a couple of months ago it was fine, but now its gone! Thanks for any help.

THIS IS THE MESSAGE THAT IS DISPLAYED

There seems to be a problem connecting to the MySQL server.

MySQL is Reporting
Access denied for user 'xxxxx_yyyy'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

If you are the System Administrator and installing this for the first time, did you remember to create your database first?

There seems to be a problem with the System Configuration Table - it's missing.

If you are the System Administrator and installing this for the first time, did you remember to run the INSTALLATION/installSQL.php file?

If you are not the System Administrator, please report this to the Administrator and/or Web Master ASAP.

Last edited by jane1965 on Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:43 am; edited 1 time in total 
nuken
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:34 am Reply with quote

Either something in your database has changed (Username, password, database name, etc) or the config.php has been changed and does not have the correct information for accessing the database.

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:06 am Reply with quote

jane1965, be careful about posting messages that include your root path and database name - these can be used for malicious purposes.

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:46 pm Reply with quote

Does anyone else have ftp access to the site? It looks like the config.php has been over written with the default one, or your host has changed something.

jane1965

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:14 am Reply with quote

Thanks for all the replies. As far I know, noone else had access to the site. The config.php file doesn't look as though it has been changed, still has my password and not 'yes' in it. I don't think my host has changed anything, as I am building another site using Ravennuke 2.30 and that is fine. I think the site was built using 2.20, so I think I might just rescue the files that I modified and start again at some point Smile

duck
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:29 am Reply with quote

Did you look using phpMyAdmin to make sure your config table exists?

make sure you have a nuke_config table in your DB.

Palbin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:48 am Reply with quote

What does the config table have to do with the error?

"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan. 
duck

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:18 pm Reply with quote

jane1965 wrote:
Hi,

Please can someone tell me what has probably happened to my site? Instead of my site I now have a ravennuke database message in its place and I have made no changes to this site, the last time I looked at it a couple of months ago it was fine, but now its gone! Thanks for any help.

THIS IS THE MESSAGE THAT IS DISPLAYED

There seems to be a problem connecting to the MySQL server.

MySQL is Reporting
Access denied for user 'xxxxx_yyyy'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

If you are the System Administrator and installing this for the first time, did you remember to create your database first?

There seems to be a problem with the System Configuration Table - it's missing.

If you are the System Administrator and installing this for the first time, did you remember to run the INSTALLATION/installSQL.php file?

If you are not the System Administrator, please report this to the Administrator and/or Web Master ASAP.

NVM I now see it said SQL is reporting Access denied. Missed that. Anyway I would just set a new password for the user and change my config. If error still exists it may be the SQL server needs a server path.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff

View next topic
View previous topic