Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN Bug Reports - Other Issues
zbv2net

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:00 pm Reply with quote

i installed the latest RavenNuke(tm) Version 2.10.00 i tryed with the zip pckage and the .tar.gz but non of them worked i installed all it was ok jus than securiy image is dissabled at first page it shows than at the other pages it disapears and it apears a small image not like the one in your site big one can you check this is my web

http://www.albawarez.com/html/feedback.html

and tell me what is the problem and how to fix it i installed couple ties same thing

if not tel me i can give you user and pas of ftp and mysql so u can see what is the problem

thank you

Susann

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:30 pm Reply with quote

It seems you did´t upload all files correctly.
For example do you have under images captcha.php ?
The zip.package and the tar.gz should work fine but I didn´t used that.

zbv2net

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:40 pm Reply with quote

I uploaded i by zip and i used unzip

than i tryed with tar.gz than tar xvf

it showed same result so its not about the files

and the file *captcha.php exists

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:58 am Reply with quote

I had a quick look and I managed to generate the following error when trying to access the captcha:

Code:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: imageftbbox() in /****/****/****/html/includes/class.php-captcha.php on line 298

I don't know too much about the captcha, but hopefully one of the experts can shed some light. Wink

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:20 am Reply with quote

It sounds like the unzip/untar did not work correctly.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:26 am Reply with quote

There may be some prerequisites that are not installed. Unfortunately, I am not where I can easily research this (out of town). I think Raven had a post recently regarding the captcha and he mentioned something other than GD.

zbv2net

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:35 am Reply with quote

hmmmmm i dont know what happened but the problem fixed by itself and now it is working good

montego

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:21 am Reply with quote

Confused

Oh well, glad its working.

j4rdin
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:40 am Reply with quote

zbv2net wrote:
hmmmmm i dont know what happened but the problem fixed by itself and now it is working good

Did you ever get to the reason for this, as it looks like the same problem I'm having on my site [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] and I've been unable to fix it so far.

John

jakec

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:49 am Reply with quote

Are you using RN 2.10.01, because it looks like it's using the old phpnuke security code?

If you upgraded it may be that not all the files have been overwritten and therefore I would upload them again.

montego

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:29 am Reply with quote

j4rdin, looks to me like you might be using an older User Info block. Are you sure that you are using the one which comes with RavenNuke 2.10.x? No other block with a security code will work without code changes to make it use the new captcha.

You may need to check your ACP --> Blocks to see what exact file it is using.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:45 pm Reply with quote

j4rdin - I just have to ask, is this a clean install? I'm looking at all the compliance errors and it seems to me you might have a mix of old and new files. For example the menu block has a ton of the html BR tag errors.
Given the problem that you have with the security image, I'm inclined to agree with Montego, you either have some old files uploaded or newer ones which didnt not upload correctly.

j4rdin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:37 pm Reply with quote

Guardian2003 wrote:
j4rdin - I just have to ask, is this a clean install? I'm looking at all the compliance errors and it seems to me you might have a mix of old and new files. For example the menu block has a ton of the html BR tag errors.
Given the problem that you have with the security image, I'm inclined to agree with Montego, you either have some old files uploaded or newer ones which didn't not upload correctly.

No its an upgrade from RN v2.02.02. The odd thing is that all worked as it should before I turned the site on in NukeSentinel, after that it all went pair shaped on me. I have spent hours on this now, actually days, and am beginning to suspect I'm going to have to rename the website on the server and then make a clean reinstall and then move the content etc. over a bit at a time.

I'm hoping that before i resort to that technocrat will be able to narrow the problem down.

John

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:44 pm Reply with quote

In that case it looks like your ftp client is dropping out and not all files are uploading properly, this would certainly explain why there appear to be older files on the site and why the security image isnt working properly.

j4rdin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:16 pm Reply with quote

Guardian2003 wrote:
Given the problem that you have with the security image, I'm inclined to agree with Montego, you either have some old files uploaded or newer ones which didn't not upload correctly.

Hi Gardian thanks for the help. I have had some results from my web host who seem to have fixed what technocrat thought could be a missing link to the FreeType libraries on the server. Anyway the proper captcha graphic is back and all now seems Ok.

Can you let me know which blocks are still not compliant. I know of a few because they are old addons which need updating. I also seem to have lost the block which is being used for the More Website Navigation Links block, it must be in the blocks folder, but I can't find it.

Looks like still more to do yet. !!!!!!!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN Bug Reports - Other Issues

View next topic
View previous topic