Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.6
madehierog
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 5:55 pm Reply with quote

I have not sure wtf happened but all I done was reupload all the files then patch them and now my forums are not working.

I have Nuke version 7.6 from this site and the patched from here.
I could nto eidt admins so I re uploaded everything to do a process of elimination. weird thing is - I still have no clue why I couldnt edit admins and was getting the white page but now I can.
Thing is my forums no longer work because of this error. I have read and tried all the tips here but nothing is working - Even reloaded DeepBlue theme and that doesn't work either.
I finally get everything fixed and find this man that hurts.
Just found 1 more issue - In World IPS Link for Sentinel on my site - If you select Country there is nothing there but shows like 6 pages should be there how can I fix this.
How can I make sure that my IP2Country is updated and how do you update it.
I can PM a mod any info needed to see why this happened.
Help this is my last known issue and I can move on, TY!
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Holla!!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 6:17 pm Reply with quote

Session_admin is a field in the bbsessions table in the Ravennuke 2.10 distribution. If you ran the installSQL.php program that's part of this distribution according to the instructions you would have this field in your table and you would not get this error. Reuploading the theme won't do anything for you, you need to get this field in your table and by implication you need to make sure your tables are consistent with whatever distribution you are running.

If you are really running "Nuke version 7.6" I'm not sure how to help you except to suggest that you upgrade to Ravennuke 2.10. There are a number of forums versions that could conceivably be used with Nuke version 7.6 -- the advantage of Ravennuke is that it all comes packaged and you don't have to worry about the consistency between the tables and the programs.

madehierog

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 6:21 pm Reply with quote

The the thing is - My forums was working site has been up for 3 weeks - All I done was reupload the site. Thats it.
Went to post in forums and they no longer worked.
All installation went well just forums stopped working after reuplaoding the site a hr or so ago - thats what got me.
I have a backup db from 4 days ago I'll c if that works. I hate to use it.
My db that the site is running on now was not tampered with the files done something not sure what but the db was fine.

OK if my old db works - then how can I get the Countried to show in World IP's?

madehierog

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 6:30 pm Reply with quote

Just reuploaded my old db and error is still there.

fkelly

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 6:34 pm Reply with quote

Is it possible that in the reupload you reuploaded a different set of files? I just ask this because it sure sounds like you are using a newer set of programs, say from RN 2.10??? that refer to the session_admin field while your tables may be from an earlier version that don't have that field. I don't have the time right now to research when that field was added but I vaguely recall it was fairly recent.

You might be better off just doing a fresh full install of the latest NS unless you have a lot of data or settings you need to preserve. There have been a LOT of upgrades of NS and what you need to do to get to the latest upgraded version depends on where you are starting, thus my recommendation to consider just installing the full version.

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 9:16 pm Reply with quote

My guess is that you've missed a BBToNuke upgrade.

Run this in phpMyAdmin
Code:

ALTER TABLE nuke_bbsessions ADD COLUMN session_admin tinyint(2) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
hitwalker
Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 5:18 am Reply with quote

probably yes...
if we would have searched for "SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'session_admin'"
we would have ended up here: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
right the first post.

madehierog

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 5:10 pm Reply with quote

OK how can I explain this - I was nto able to edit Admins or add superusers after installing Sentinel.
So I drop Sentinels tables only. The I re-uploaded my files to overright all the files I had edited and go from there - done this many times never had this happen to me.
Ok I redo all my editing - when I am done everything seems ok no errors popping up all over the place.
I then go to watch TV - my friend form another game I used to play with went to my forums - and noticed they were F**Ked - He calls my on the phone - I take a look - I then come here and SEARCH - I see Ravens post and think YES this will fix my errors - Then I think I am running 7.6 and don't need them but WTF go for it - Nope doesn't fix my issue.
See the weird thing is I didnt upload the wrong files they are the only files I have because I also keep them within my site to keep my pc clean. O maybe there corrupt - never downloaded them from my site only here.
So I am confused about this!

hitwalker

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 5:19 pm Reply with quote

well dont get me wrong but your way of explaining could be a lot better as its very confusing .
what your friend is doing or where he or you are at whatever moment.....isnt relevant..

so to get the best help you can start by telling what doesnt work.
and please do that without triggering the bad words filter.
Wink

madehierog

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 5:47 pm Reply with quote

Well I typed out the swear word so I never triggered - I know kids come here for help also.
The only thing that doesn't work are my forums - Am still searching the forums for a issue like mine and I am trying everything I come across - nothing seems to help YET!
My friend in my topic I guess I was rambling but - I just used a fresh sql and got some error about die() being used in pagestart.tpl or something - I was like nope rather have the issue I had b4 at least the site was working -
I only overwrote what I had nothing else.

madehierog

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 5:53 pm Reply with quote

Well man this is scarry - They just started back working after 2 days wtf same DB as I started out here psoting about it - Sorry for everyones trouble - TY Hitwalker I see all the efforts and help you give and I read evereything I can - You all here rock - Holla!!!

hitwalker

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 6:02 pm Reply with quote

no prob, il will ask someone to help out as im unable to understand the problem your having...

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 6:54 am Reply with quote

madehierog, sure glad it is working too, because I was a bit confused myself. Something that will help in the future too is to limit your threads to one topic/issue only. Don't co-mingle things. That will help us help you better.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.6

View next topic
View previous topic