Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.9
Vchat20
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:27 pm Reply with quote

ok. i know this has probably been mentioned elsewhere cuz i had this problem before and i was able to fix it, i just cant find the old thread.

essentially, i was able to apply permissions to a specific forum, but to apply permissions to a user (myself) to get access to said forum, it wont update the permissions. when i go back to my permissions page, its where it was before. no errors or anything. just wont update. any ideas or links to a bug fix?

chatserv
Member Emeritus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:45 pm Reply with quote

Look for my post here and try that.

Vchat20

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:52 pm Reply with quote

nope. no change. the fix file said it added all user groups but mine which it just listed as "Vchat20 4". still refuses to change my permissions.

keep in mind this is on the secondary site which is sharing users with my first site as mentioned in a previous thread. this site is nuke 7.9 (obviously) and the main site is 7.8. whether or not that tidbit helps, i dunno.

chatserv

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:19 pm Reply with quote

Could be caused by the different versions, 7.9's admin_ug_auth.php file has additional code that relates to user perms, you could try updating BBtoNuke to 2.0.17 in the 7.8 site if you haven't already.

Vchat20

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:25 pm Reply with quote

it must already be updated cuz the admin index is telling me its up to date and the official phpbb version is up to 17. :/

blastergod

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:46 am Reply with quote

Ok , so I have exactly the same problem , I have been searching for an answer for 6 days , I am disperate ,what can I do ??? what can we do ?
I have phpnuke 7.9, PHPBb 2.0.17 , I have 3.1 patch ... I tryed chatserv fix script ... still dosen't work . The problem is this :
I click on user permissions
I select a user
I select a forum and set " is moderated"
I then click submit .
I recieve a message in that says that the permissions have been updated....
But the user still isen't a mod . The permissions dosen't save. .... why is this ? please find a fix , please . thx

Vchat20

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:07 am Reply with quote

hold on. ive got it all wrong here. i remember now. when i first had this problem it wa just with a standalone version of phpbb. so i must have found it on the phpbb support forums. let me check them and i will post the fix back here.

Vchat20

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:18 am Reply with quote

ok. heres the exceprt from this link:

MikeTodd wrote:
This might just be a bandaid patch... it actually seems to be caused by a bug in php 5.0.3. Open admin/admin_ug_auth.php, and go to line 294. Comment out the following:
Code:
( !isset($auth_access[$forum_id]['auth_mod']) && !empty($change_mod_list[$forum_id]['auth_mod']) ) 

and replace it with:
Code:
( !isset($auth_access[$forum_id]['auth_mod']) && $change_mod_list[$forum_id]['auth_mod'] )

Apparently, empty() returns false in cases that $change_mod_list[$forum_id]['auth_mod'] is actually set to 1. This took me a while to track down, especially since I have extremely little experience with the phpBB code. Spent about 30 minutes tracking it down and making the fix. >.< Seems to work now though. Good luck getting the same to work for your boards.

he says its just a bandaid fix, i say its a working patch :/ all i know is that it works. there is no code changes needed for nuke compatibility. i follwed it to the letter and its working just fine for me.

blastergod

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:38 am Reply with quote

OMG , you are a genius !!!!! thanx a lot , wow , Smile i feel good Smile , now I can finaly sleep Smile) bye and thanx again !!!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.9

View next topic
View previous topic