Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Modules
fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:30 pm Reply with quote

I have had no luck. I'm not sure what the iframe tag that Google suggests you paste in is actually supposed to do but when I paste it in I just get a quick "loading" message and then all the code disappears. I even put iframe in the allowablehtml array (though as you say as admin it should go through anyway) and the same thing happens.

I will have to read up on what iframe is and does. The link tag that Google generates does work on my page if I put it in an href.

Gremmie
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:21 pm Reply with quote

iframe is just an HTML tag that lets you display another complete HTML page within that iframe.

That's weird. Are you using the content module for this?

fkelly

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:10 am Reply with quote

No. I am going into the blocks administration and trying to add a new block. I'm not sure but I think there could be some other weirdness with the wysiwyg editor on the blocks admin page. I just haven't had time to isolate the problem well enough to report it in Mantis. I will try it on the content admin page after I get some coffee.

fkelly

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:56 am Reply with quote

This doesn't work in content either. Steps to reproduce. Go into Google maps, my maps (you will need a Google account). Create a map. Save it. View it and bring up the links menu. Copy the html that's under their "paste HTML ... area". Paste it into an open wysiwyg text box (could be content, news, blocks admin). Have that text box in source mode first of course. Go back out of source mode and it looks like the box tries to render the page but all the code then disappears. Even if you look at it again in source mode, everything is gone.

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:29 am Reply with quote

This seems to be working OK for me, in both News and Content. I haven't tried a block yet though.

One of my HTML sites is XHTML Strict, but the iframe breaks it, so I've had to drop the DOCTYPE to transitional for that page. Sad

Gremmie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:11 am Reply with quote

Hmmm....I guess you can always make a file block, but one would think the WYSIWYG editor would allow that.

fkelly

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:18 am Reply with quote

Jakec ... are you talking about the iframe that's generated by Google maps? Or the href to the map page? I can get the href to work.

I just tried this on a 2.20 site I have and when you paste the iframe code in it gets html-entity-ized. In 2.30 it just disappears. Just went over to Ravennuke.com where 2.30 is also in place. Again the iframe code you get from Google ... first you see "loading" flash on the screen when you go back from source to wysiwyg mode and then all the code disappears.

Gremmie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:18 am Reply with quote

Whoa, I just tried this on my XAMPP 2.20.1 site with a content page, and it worked for me.

Gremmie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:21 am Reply with quote

I got a center block to work also, with the editor.

I went to my maps, clicked a map, clicked the link button, then clicked the customize link. I just copied all the iframe stuff and pasted it as-is without changing anything.

fkelly

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:00 am Reply with quote

Try it on Ravennuke.com submit news. We both have access to that. You should see what I'm seeing and if not something very strange is happening.

Gremmie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:33 am Reply with quote

I got it on there.
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

jakec

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:18 pm Reply with quote

fkelly, yes this is the iframe generated by Google.

It looks like Gremmie has got it working at RavenNuke.com.

Could it be a browser issue? I am using 2.0.0.16.

fkelly

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:30 pm Reply with quote

Yes, I see that. But I am using 2.0.0.16 also and I can't do it.

[code]<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&amp;hl=en&amp;s=AARTsJrndBvDSEcmGVIoYjs-I16Sn7k4qg&amp;msa=0&amp;msid=105003511008658186438.000453f6a6348f69edb7e&amp;ll=42.732466,-73.687556&amp;spn=0.002758,0.00456&amp;z=17&amp;output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&amp;hl=en&amp;msa=0&amp;msid=105003511008658186438.000453f6a6348f69edb7e&amp;ll=42.732466,-73.687556&amp;spn=0.002758,0.00456&amp;z=17&amp;source=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>[code]

Is what I am trying to paste in. And like I say it just disappears. Let me do a view source on Gremmies.

jakec

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:39 pm Reply with quote

Are you doing it through the normal user Submit News? I find this doesn't work, but if you go to News through the Modules Admin area this works.

Gremmie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:41 pm Reply with quote

I posted that as an admin. If you post it as a user, Sentinel nails you because of the iframe.

jakec

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:43 pm Reply with quote

Admin in Submit News, or Add Article through Modules Admin area?

Gremmie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:03 pm Reply with quote

I posted it as an admin from the admin area for news.

fkelly

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:31 pm Reply with quote

To recapitulate: it looks to me like you can put that iframe you get from google maps if you go directly into source mode in the editor, then paste it in and then save it without going out of source. This works in news, content and create a new block. You need to be an admin to do any of it. I also posted this in messages ... anywhere where the wysiwyg editor is present.

However, if you do preview on any of them the pasted in code is lost. So you have to post it directly from the source mode screen. Furthermore, when I tried to edit a message I had already entered, it appears that it came up in wysiwyg (as opposed to source mode) and thus couldn't find the URL and eventually the message was trashed.

So there is a work around but it's not perfect.

spasticdonkey
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:29 am Reply with quote

very cool module Very Happy
had one issue with the select drop-down menu though
any idea what could be causing this behavior?

Running rn2.3 plus security updates, still working on the full 2.3.01 upgrade.

jakec

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:56 am Reply with quote

I'm not seeing this on my RN 2.3 site. Confused

Gremmie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:13 pm Reply with quote

spasticdonkey, wow....what browser? This is what you see? Yikes.

It looks like you have some other javascript (Prototype library??) that is interferring with Member Map's javascript somehow. I dunno. Might want to try turning off other blocks or modules and see if you can isolate the behavior.

spasticdonkey

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:18 pm Reply with quote

Yup, you got it! There is a JS conflict with lightbox or the associated prototype.js and/or scriptaculous.js files... don't know JS well enough to say what it is, but removing lightbox fixed it... (it was the only added JS outside the stock RN distro)

Last edited by spasticdonkey on Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total 
Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:24 pm Reply with quote

Couldn't you leverage RN's built in jQuery to do your light bos stuff?
Just think it might be an option to reduce your maintenance overhead.

Gremmie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:27 pm Reply with quote

It is very strange there should be a conflict. I didn't use jQuery or any library when I wrote the Member Map for Nuke Javascript, but I did carefully namespace all my variables and functions.

My new version of Member Map is now using jQuery (it cut my hand written Javascript code in half).

spasticdonkey

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:33 pm Reply with quote

played a little with some jQuery, but still a noob in those regards. have no idea how to use the built-in jQuery in RN. There a wiki page for that? Razz

well i solved it by adding to includes/javascript.php
Code:
if ($name == 'My_Lightbox_Module_Name'){

echo '<s cript type="text/javascript" src="/js/prototype.js"></s cript>'."\n";
echo '<s cript type="text/javascript" src="/js/scriptaculous.js?load=effects"></s cript>'."\n";
echo '<s cript type="text/javascript" src="/js/lightbox.js"></s cript>'."\n\n";
}

and yes i added spaces so i didnt get blocked by sentinel

btw, i did try a couple of different versions of lightbox with no difference... lightbox does look for the title attribute in links to use as a caption, so maybe it's attaching to the title used in the select box options for some reason or another...

Last edited by spasticdonkey on Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Modules

View next topic
View previous topic