Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> How To's
sittingduck
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 6:56 pm Reply with quote

Can I index an ftp folder, and have a page that outputs http links to the files in it?

I have a quake3 server with a bunch of custom maps, I change them fairly often, and would like to have an updated list on my phphuke site so that people can easily see what's there and download the maps.

I've been using an ftp indexer, then replacing all of the ftp links with http links.

If anyone has suggestions on how I could somehow automate this, please let me know!

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:05 pm Reply with quote

I haven't tried this, but it looks like what you want.

The DigiOz Directory Indexer.

sittingduck

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:30 pm Reply with quote

Sweet! I can make that work!! Thanks a lot. Smile

kguske

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:49 pm Reply with quote

No problem. Very happy to help... Why not make it a module and upload it here (I believe the license allows that)? You could add the directories as configuration parameters, sort of like NukeWrap does.

sittingduck

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:12 am Reply with quote

kguske wrote:
No problem. Very happy to help... Why not make it a module and upload it here (I believe the license allows that)? You could add the directories as configuration parameters, sort of like NukeWrap does.

Are you crazy? Razz I was pretty happy just to make it work without any modifications... I suck at php, and would most likely screw it up.... Very Happy

pete910

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:45 am Reply with quote

Been at html/php for a month ish also, thought Id have a go and managed top get this:

Not sure how to constrain the size of the block Confused

Or make the others the same width

Just thought if you have a lot of files it needs to scroll maybe Idea

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:27 am Reply with quote

Wow, that looks really nice! Great job! There really is not much room in the blocks to probably display this kind of info very well. I am concerned that if you have longer file names (Or would like to use them), that this would only push out more. You are already making use of cell text wrapping, so you've done about as much as you can to fit this in a side block.

My suggestions are:

1) Either make this a center block, which would also give you the flexibility to have larger and more meaningful file names (if you need them)

2) Or, you could try making each row actually be 1 cell with concatenated text for the filename, file date, and file size and let the text wrap in the row.

3) And/or, you would possibly take the file size cell out of there and make it a part of a link "alt" text attribute so that it pop-ups up when the "customer" hovers his/her cursor over the text link.

Just some thoughts that might help.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> How To's

View next topic
View previous topic