Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Post Installation Help
ferenczy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 4:37 pm Reply with quote

...I've noticed that my site when 1st loaded in FireFox will stretch and have a horizontal scroll bar. It usually goes away after an F5. I'm stumped as to why it does this. Any ideas...?

Lunatic Fringe

VinDSL
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

Location: Arizona (USA) Admin: NukeCops.com Admin: Disipal Designs Admin: Lenon.com

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:36 pm Reply with quote

Looking at your source code, I found a couple of oddities...
Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width=>

Quote:
<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width =@%" border="0" align="center" bgcolor="" id="table1">

I think I'd correct those first, and see if it helps... Wink

VinDSL

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:38 pm Reply with quote

You know... I was playing around with your page, and when I disabled Javascript, in my browser, it worked fine, every time. So, my best guess would be that your Shout Box is causing the problem. It only happens when your page is cached. If I disable caching, it works fine too.

Try disabling the Shout Box and see what happens...

VinDSL

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:49 pm Reply with quote

Aha! Check out the block sizes... Groovy

ferenczy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:54 pm Reply with quote

VinDSL wrote:
Looking at your source code, I found a couple of oddities...
Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width=>

Quote:
<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width =@%" border="0" align="center" bgcolor="" id="table1">

I think I'd correct those first, and see if it helps... Wink

...ok, found and fixed both of those. 1st one occurred 2 times in block-User_Info. Once at the latest 3 members section and then again at the downloads section. This is what was there...

Code:
$content .= "<div align=\"center\"><table border=\"0\" cellpadding=\"0\" cellspacing=\"0\" width=$TBLWIDTH>

...I changed it to...

Code:
$content .= "<div align=\"center\"><table border=\"0\" cellpadding=\"0\" cellspacing=\"0\" width=\"100%\">

...and it still works so that's gotta be good Wink

2nd occurred in a custom RSS block. I left out a quotation on the table width, lol Very Happy

VinDSL wrote:
You know... I was playing around with your page, and when I disabled Javascript, in my browser, it worked fine, every time. So, my best guess would be that your Shout Box is causing the problem. It only happens when your page is cached. If I disable caching, it works fine too.

Try disabling the Shout Box and see what happens...

Thanks for the info and investigating, I'll look into the Shoutbox now and see what happens next Wink

BRB Very Happy

ferenczy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:07 pm Reply with quote

...ok narrowed it down to the block-ForumsScroll. I'm stumped looking at it tho cause it all looks kosher (at least in my limited knowledge) Confused

I'd post the block here but the site is blocking me...

ferenczy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:42 pm Reply with quote

...well, I guess I'll have to scrap the block-ForumsScroll. I can't seem to find anything wrong with it yet I'm 99% sure it's the cause of the stretching in FF.

Anyone know of any other decent forum blocks?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Post Installation Help

View next topic
View previous topic