Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.6 Bugs/Fixes
radarman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:51 pm Reply with quote

/* IS THIS What's screwing up my website? */
Original line
define('USERS_TABLE', $user_prefix.'_users');
Replaced with
define('USERS_TABLE', $prefix.'_users');

/* end of define */

I find the above define in /includes/constants.php when I modifiy it as shown above I can at least get rid of the the error message I've been getting. The login script finds websitename_tablename_users and it should be nuke_users. That solves 50% of my problems now I still can't login a new user. So if someone knows the solution to this problem please enlighten me.

Now I'll try and find out why I'm getting an _ERROR message when I try to sign up as a new user.

chatserv
Member Emeritus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:21 am Reply with quote

If changing user_prefix to prefix gets rid of problems on your site it means both have different values in config.php, either way it should be prefix for all tables except for the users table, what other errors are you getting and what happens when your users try to login, of course i imagine they are trying to login through the Your Account module and not from the forum login present in some forum templates which hasn't been modified to work with Nuke.

radarman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 12:22 pm Reply with quote

I did a complete wipe and reinstall on [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] using PHP-Nuke-7.6-patchedv2.9 I had to make the changes in the scripts indicated in the first post and then in /modules/Your Account/index.php, I had to take every instance of $user_prefix and change it to $prefix to get the site working. This because in following the error messages I saw that the sql was trying to fetch Sitename_DBtable_user and the way the tables are written is nuke_users and nuke_users_temp. The way the script seems to work is you join and fill in the form and the data goes to nuke_users_temp then from the email used in the joining form. $prefix is returning the sites user_name and that is not working at least for me, it's not working. With the changes I made the forum is functional and it wasn't. I'm no expert just a tie-wire mechanic and I'm sure some of you experts will be able to clue me in.

The contents of my Config File are like below

$dbhost = "localhost";
$dbuname = "starship_XXXXXXX";
$dbpass = "XXXXXX";
$dbname = "XXXXXX";
$prefix = "nuke";
$user_prefix = "";
$dbtype = "MySQL";
$sitekey = "SdFk*fa28367-dm56w69.3a2fDS+e9";
$gfx_chk = 0;
$subscription_url = "";
$admin_file = "admin"; // The admin file hasn't been renamed yet . . .

chatserv

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 12:32 pm Reply with quote

change to:
$dbhost = "localhost";
$dbuname = "starship_XXXXXXX";
$dbpass = "XXXXXX";
$dbname = "XXXXXX";
$prefix = "nuke";
$user_prefix = "nuke";
$dbtype = "MySQL";
$sitekey = "SdFk*fa28367-dm56w69.3a2fDS+e9";
$gfx_chk = 0;
$subscription_url = "";
$admin_file = "admin";

radarman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 12:47 pm Reply with quote

I'll upload the original scripts and try your config.php suggestion. Thanks a bunch, it is probably something simple like that.

radarman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 12:56 pm Reply with quote

Thanks a ton! It works as designed. What a trip through all this script to find a simple 'nuke'

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.6 Bugs/Fixes

View next topic
View previous topic