Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke / Raven CMS CMS Wiki
Deseroka
Client

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:16 pm Reply with quote

OK, hopefully I've placed this in the correct forum spot. If not, moderators, please feel free to move, then smack me up a bit.
I've got a few questions, the reason being that I've been out of the loop for a year or 2 now due to some health issues.
I recently agreed to build a cooking site for someone & of course RN is what came to mind to handle this. I realize that some of this may be covered somewhere in the forums, but I've never been known for my patience & would really like to see my answers all basically in one place.
Has anyone used the old Amazon mod with RN?
How about the Recipe mod?
There was a navigation block that I can't recall the name of, but seems allot easier than doing it all in java.
The last question of course is if all this hasn't been ported to RN, can it?
OK< I'm waiting on my beating.....
Haven't you all missed me?

Deseroka

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:37 am Reply with quote

Bump, bump, hello..help? Please? I'ts just a couple questions. I just wanna know whether to start figuring out something else or what..........
YOO. HOO!!!

spasticdonkey
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:53 am Reply with quote

Not familiar with the Amazon or Recipe Mods, but if they ran on nuke there a good chance you can get them to run under RN. They may or may not need some tweaking.. For instance if they use the old db layer [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

As far as navigation, have you tried the included nukeNAV? There is also Sommaire [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

nuken
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:54 am Reply with quote

[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] has a recipes module that should work with RavenNuke. I will try and test it later today and let you know. Was the menu block Sommaire Parametrable? If so I have it on my site for download and it works with RN.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:56 pm Reply with quote

Thanks Nuken & SpasticDonkey (luv that name@)! Yes, that is the menu block I was thinking of. I'm gonna be stumbling around here like a dummy for a week or so. Funny how it leaves ya if you're not using it everyday. I had never used this mod previously & cannot remember if it has a spot for comments from members/readers about the recipe. If it works on your RN, could you let me know if that's a feature? If not I'll need to find a way to add it, or carry it over to the forums.
I did use the Amazon mod, I think the last version I had it under was Nuke7, so that's good news. I should be able to make it work.
I appreciate the help. OK, now I'm off in earch of the old amazon mod & hopefully won't have to bug you with dumb a** questions for awhile.
Thank God for coders! RavensScripts
*******Edit****
I just checked out the recipe mod at Hauge's & see they have something new called the Dynamic Module. Neither show a place for comments (like below news posts, but I'm thinking that might not be so hard to add? Or maybe just go with a link to the forums....eeekk! I feel like a brand new newbie again. Embarassed

nuken

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:51 pm Reply with quote

The recipe module did not work. I will try and get it to work as soon as I have time. This weekend is supposed to rain so I may have time then.

Let me correct that. I have it working. I will go through it and make sure it works well. It does appear to have a built in comments.

nuken

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:09 pm Reply with quote

Here is a link to the recipes module that I modified. I added the nukeWYSIWYG editor to the edit and add recipe and I also add a colorbox to view the full size recipe image.

http://trickedoutnews.com/nuken/Recipes-1.5.5.zip

And here is his ingredients module which has also been modified a little.

http://trickedoutnews.com/nuken/Ingredients1.0.0.zip

Deseroka

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:58 am Reply with quote

You rock!

nuken

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:13 am Reply with quote

I updated the download to keep anonymous user from being able to post requests or recipes to avoid spam.

Deseroka

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:37 am Reply with quote

Again, you rock!! Thank you! I'm gonna install this today & play with it. I can't thank you enuff.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke / Raven CMS CMS Wiki

View next topic
View previous topic