Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)
Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 8:14 am Reply with quote

Some have questioned the merits, some the morality, of this feature of Sentinel(tm). This is definitely NOT a morality issue so we will just let that one go. As to the merits, as long as we can keep this thread as opinions and not attacks, let's toss it around a while.

This feature of Sentinel(tm) is optional and not only optional but you have control over just warning (1 popup) or many pop-ups. Also, it does not crash everyone's computer! The popups just make the user crazy and if they aren't able to stop them, their computer may run out of memory and freeze. OTOH, popup killers, and other manual methods can stop them too. This is not a program that gets launched, per se. In todays pc world, most have enough memory to just make this very annoying, which is the purpose.

Now, my opinion is that this is a war, plain and simple. Sites are being defaced and destroyed. We aren't attacking anyone. We are simply defending ourselves. Just like in a war, there are 'innocents' who get caught in the middle. It is inevitable. However, when it happens, we will continue to fine tune the code the best we can. This isn't going to affect any masses out there! A few will get false positives and see some craziness. And usually just an apology and an explanation will suffice.

stephen2417
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 8:22 am Reply with quote

Zhen-Xjell wrote:
Its one thing to defend yourself by banning the suspect. Its another to launch an attack on someone else and potentially crash their computer.

Why?

Because the suspect may be an innocent victim that Sentinel has just potentially crashed their system.

That really isn't fair.

He's just jealous bc he didn’t think of it first for his crappy Fortress

Raven

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 8:26 am Reply with quote

stephen2417 wrote:
Zhen-Xjell wrote:
Its one thing to defend yourself by banning the suspect. Its another to launch an attack on someone else and potentially crash their computer.

Why?

Because the suspect may be an innocent victim that Sentinel has just potentially crashed their system.

That really isn't fair.

He's just jealous bc he didn’t think of it first for his crappy Fortress
I can't speak to his motives. I would take exception to his use of the terms "launch an attack", as that is ill-informed. As I stated, we do not launch any attack. As to the merits of Fortress(tm), I haven't download it nor tried it. It would be very unprofessional of me to comment on a system I haven't used or to discuss its features and the merits thereof.

stephen2417

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 8:29 am Reply with quote

Well ide have to say that i havent used it either. I herd some bad stuff about it so i didnt bother.

Im trusting you and bob and everyone else with this right now bc its the only thing running on my site.

Salieri
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 9:16 am Reply with quote

What I'd ideally want from a "protection" system is security, (duh) but in a way as the hacker can try as many times as he/she wants and then be dealt with quickly and easily, and then banned.

I wouldn't mind about this flash crashing system, but I'd really prefer that they could just try and the code can do it's thing well. Then reported/whatever.

Of course nothing ever works 100% straight away, but fine tuning will get you there.

I have no idea if I was on topic or not. Laughing

stephen2417

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 9:23 am Reply with quote

Yes Raven, War situation here. You’ve got to fight back!

GanjaUK
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 9:50 am Reply with quote

The PC Killer option is only there for webmasters to decide if they want to punish people who try to exploit their site or not. Of course if you don't want to use it, you don't turn it on, it is turned off by default. You have the freedom to make that choice yourself.
Sentinel™ is still brand new, it will continue to get better and there will be less chance if any chance at all that an innocent person will trigger it off.

The PC Killer adds some innovation to the whole package, not being biased or anything, but when I made this PC Killer, I was using it with Raven's hackattempt script anyway.
Sentinel™ being the superb piece of kit it is and the #1 security for your website IMO, it seemed logical to bolt the PC Killer to it so others can benefit from it if they choose to do so.

foxyfemfem

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 11:34 am Reply with quote

Hello,

I use all forms of measurements to secure my website. That include protector, fortress, sentinal, admin secure, secfixes and anything else that will allow me to sleep at night without wondering and worrying if the next day my site will be defaced. You will never see me say one script is better than the next because in my personal opionion they all benefit my website. If one script doesn't catch it I am relying on the next script and thats the only thing thats important to me. Who coded the script, etc is not important as long as it does what it should I am pleased and thankful to the programmer of the script. As for as PC killer goes, this morning I checked my mail to see someone had made an attempt to hack my site, not aware that it was a bot then saw the Query String I was hurt because I knew that wasnt a hack and my heart went out to the person that I thought at the time was a human. All I could think about was OMG I tortured an innocent person. Well, I am relief knowing it was only a bot and I disabled the pc killer because I truely don't want anyone to get caught up in the cross fire of this "war" if they're innocent. Okay the hackers don't get bomb rushed with popups but knowing they are banned permanently because I will not remove any IPs that I see is truely a hack attempt I'm pleased.

I thank each and everyone whose making security scripts. My thanks goes out to sentinal, fortress, admin secure, protector, secfixes and any other script I have missed that I currently use and trust me, I use them all.

As the saying goes.... "I got your back" Laughing and this is what one script is saying to the next on my website...... If something slip by me I know you got my back ... you'll catch it Mr. Green

peace
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 12:30 pm Reply with quote

Hello

We are the people who have or wanna have a website for helping to the peoples or for other things.We not tryin to do bad things other poeples sites even if we dont like them.But as you know there is bad boys at the other side who tries to demage to the peoples sites like us.We didnt start this and if someone will demage to my site i want him to be punished by me or by laws.In real life when someone injured to other they have punished by laws .In this beaituful program there is a pc killer option ( comes off by default ) you have a cnange for use it or not it depends on you.And if i was a bad boy i would read about all secure programs and forums for find an open gate. I mean i would turn on my pop up killer before attack a site but im sure it will work for the beginning till they know this .
Wish we had more options for fight this lamers they deserve this
happy nuking all and as i always said God bless this peoples who creates this secure programs
and yes by the way my nick name is peace ,

GanjaUK

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 12:37 pm Reply with quote

On the subject of pop up blockers, I don't think a pop up blocker stops PC Killer, because it does not use any pop up java code, I made it so it works in a totally different way, it opens a window the same way as when you click on a link.
I know for a fact my ZONE ALARM pop up killer does not stop it. There may be some out there that does stop it, but not ones that stop the java used to make a pop up. No pop up java in Sentinel™. Cool

speedx
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 12:41 pm Reply with quote

I love it, i had my friends try it and one was using that google blocker and it was on 3000 then he closed it. Had him try it without the blocker and he said they just were opening like mad Razz nice job. If someone trys to hack you they get what they deserve I think.

peace

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 12:46 pm Reply with quote

hey Ganja

guess what im not upset with hearing this Twisted Evil
errr ill ask a dumb question of mine again Embarassed
if someone uses others computers to attack our sites hope this not effects that ppls computers Rolling Eyes

speedx

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 12:55 pm Reply with quote

It will affect the computer wherever the attack comes from, my pc, the pc at work, or the library.

GanjaUK

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 12:57 pm Reply with quote

There is no damage caused by this.

peace

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 12:59 pm Reply with quote

Ganje u mean it wont effect that computers ? if yes well i fell better now Mr. Green

GanjaUK

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 1:01 pm Reply with quote

No, worse case scenario, they loose un saved work they had open at that time.

Salieri

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 1:08 pm Reply with quote

GanjaUK wrote:
No, worse case scenario, they loose un saved work they had open at that time.

I was hoping their cpu would overheat and die. Crying or Very sad

stephen2417

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 1:46 pm Reply with quote

God here goes Paul again!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Raven

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 1:53 pm Reply with quote

I know. It is really pathetic. He has become his own worst enemy. I have never before seen him this desparate that he has so openly attacked an application like this. For him to question morality and ethics is so laughable. To compare popups to an attack is truly amazing, even from him. For someone supposedly so versed in security, he well knows that launching popups can, in no way, be considered an attack, by definition. And then to take a minor issue like this and devote forums and threads with such statements like "I think this is horrid". Oh good grief. Paul and NC in general must really be afraid of something in this or they wouldn't have the attack dogs out Laughing They must really "love" our application to give it this much publicity. Thanks NC!

GanjaUK

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 2:03 pm Reply with quote

Big thanks to NC for plugging Sentinel™. Laughing

peace

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 2:03 pm Reply with quote

i think he is mad coz he was tryin to earn money from his application HitsFan now all nuke comminty knows that there is a better app which free Mr. Green

stephen2417

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 2:04 pm Reply with quote

If he dare posts back on that im going to most likely go off on him, LOL..

I think we all should. He will get scared and not know what to do Laughing

stephen2417

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 2:05 pm Reply with quote

peace wrote:
i think he is mad coz he was tryin to earn money from his application HitsFan now all nuke comminty knows that there is a better app which free Mr. Green

Exactly.. Ill point that out to him......

stephen2417

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 2:10 pm Reply with quote

Ok just had to say this apparently he changed his mind b4 he liked the idea...
Zhen-Xjell wrote:
I like the idea, it's nice when it comes to deter script kiddies and teaches them a lesson. Thankfully I come by Proxomitron. Wink
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

peace

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 2:22 pm Reply with quote

GanjaUK wrote:
Big thanks to NC for plugging Sentinel™. Laughing

Dear Diary

Ravens site& Ganja & Sentinel helped me to learn that plugging means same as advertising today and..... Smile most of them cant imagine how its hard to learn new things which you have no idea in different languages.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)

View next topic
View previous topic