Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN Enhancement Requests and Suggestions
kevinkap
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:50 am Reply with quote

wondering about the ability to allow users to be able to upload images for news articles. I ran an osc site some years back and there was a mod out that used the jypsy (not sure about the spelling) image uploader script in combination with an html wyswyg editor Of course this was on the admin side, but it allowed you to browse your pc and upload images, that would then use netpbm and be resized, for use in your product descriptions and most any other admin editable text box.. Very nice addon. Would this be possible for rn?

Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:04 am Reply with quote

You can upload images as an admin using FCKEditor in RN.

alnuke

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:16 am Reply with quote

yes you can use FCKEditor and images that you upload can be used not only in the editor but also anywhere else, for example in the forum, by inserting the right link of that images

kevinkap

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:21 pm Reply with quote

right, but is there a way that the members can upload images using the editor? Can the editor be used in the forums for posting as well?

FireATST
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:36 am Reply with quote

Anytime you give the ability to upload files to any members you open the door hack attempts. I would be very leary of allowing any uploading of files to your site, by people you don't really know. Just my 2 pennies worth.... Smile

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
jakec

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:25 am Reply with quote

I believe the answer is yes, but kguske will be able to confirm. I would seriously consider the advice of FireATST as well.

With regard to the forums, I suspect it is possible, but you will need to consider that you will need to re-apply the changes each time you upgrade the forums.

kevinkap

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:44 pm Reply with quote

Ok. Thanks for the input guys.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN Enhancement Requests and Suggestions

View next topic
View previous topic