Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Modules
tommyb
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:20 am Reply with quote

Hi,

I have an issue where my users can log out of my main nuke site yet they remain logged into the forums. I have tried emptying the cookies and logging in again etc and the issue still remains. Has anyone experienced anything like this before and would know of a solution?

Many Thanks.

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:58 am Reply with quote

What version / distribution of phpNuke (7.6 patched 3.1), forums (e.g. 2.0.20) are you using? Have you modified either the Your_Account module or the forums profile function?

I haven't seen that posted before, but could've missed it.

tommyb

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:01 am Reply with quote

I am using ravennuke but have ported all the data over from an old site based on 7.7.I ran the downgrader script first then updated the 7.7 tables to v2.0.20 (the same version as was in my raven install) before exporting the table data for use in the ravennuke version. I haven't modified the fourms profile function at all but I have installed cnbya though I have had this on previous sites without this problem.

thank you

kguske

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:59 am Reply with quote

What version of cnbya?

tommyb

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:49 am Reply with quote

4.4.2 I've also noticed that users can not register as well. I've added the agreedtos field in nuke_users and the realname field innuke_users_temp but its still not letting people register as well even with activation turned off.

tommyb

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:16 am Reply with quote

I think i managed to get registering working again but i still have issues with the groups. Groups i create in nsn groups do not appear in the groups tab in the forums but they appear to be in the database.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:26 pm Reply with quote

Quote:

not appear in the groups tab in the forums but they appear to be in the database.

Sorry if this leads you down the wrong path, but check to see if each group in the NSN Groups admin has a forum moderator attached. That is the first thing that came to mind, but not sure if that is is... just worth a check-see.

gregexp
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:32 pm Reply with quote

Ahh, sounds like the nsngroups version isnt sinking with the forums, try the latest nsn groups.

The older versions would not sink.

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:58 pm Reply with quote

The version of NSN Groups included with Raven Nuke is tweaked so I would not recommend over writing existing files with another version.
Try what Montego suggested first.

'D' - the version of NSN Groups used in RN is modified I believe to included the latest patch style and a couple of bug fixes.

gregexp

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:09 pm Reply with quote

Sorry should have read more closely.

Didnt realize they were running that when I made the post.

montego

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:10 pm Reply with quote

Quote:

'D' - the version of NSN Groups used in RN is modified I believe to included the latest patch style and a couple of bug fixes.

That is absolutely correct. It was the latest version, 1.7.1, at the time (may still be), plus some bug fixes.

tommyb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:02 am Reply with quote

Hi,

Each group does indeed have a moderator, and the groups are appearing in the nuke_bbgroups table and in the nsngr_group table. Just something in between must be throwing it out.

Sad

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:06 am Reply with quote

The only other thing I can think of is that the specific forums that have been assigned 'group' access is lacking the correct data in the associated table.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Modules

View next topic
View previous topic