Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Other - Discussion
blackzeus90

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:41 pm Reply with quote

Greetings!

I couldn't find a decent thread to post this in, so I put it in the most generic section I could find, as to not misplace it and irritate someone, lol...

So my question is if anyone has had any good or bad experiences with e-commerce and the latest, wonderful RavenNuke Release known as 2.10.

I run the site : [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

And we have been discussing having an e-commerce system re-integrated into nuke to help us raise funds for our projects goals. IE: Selling t-shirts, and other goodies. We already utilize the NSN paypal module/block, although its simply used for donations.

Does anyone happen to know of any functional, yet safe e-commerce systems around that can be integrated within the new release of nuke 2.10, or would you suggest simply installing a standalone version of a shopping cart system.

I had tried doing forums searches, but almost all the posts I had found were dated back in '04 and '05.

Thank You all for the help , and taking the time to read my long winded post!

Awesome release of v2.10 btw, for all you geniuses behind the RavenNuke team! Wink

-Shawn

blackzeus90

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:33 pm Reply with quote

Bump for justice! lol

technocrat
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:33 am Reply with quote

Having used almost all of them, let me give you my 2 cents.

If you are going to do a small shopping area there is SimpleCart. It's not really fancy but what it does, it does well. It's fine if you keep it simple (hence the name I would image). DaNuke is where it can be found.

Os2Nuke is ok when it works as a module. But I found it to be inflexible in some areas that it really shouldn't be. Plus I have tried to install it on a couple of different sites and it didn't work more than 1/2 the time.

Emporium is no longer under development and the versions you can find out there have some bugs which doesn't make this a good choice.

There is another one, which the name escapes me atm. But I have heard nothing but negative stories about.

What I finally did was look at CubeCart and ZendCart. But are their own programs but are excellent ecommerce choices. In the end personally I choose CubeCart because of the features it offered.

What I had a few evo customers do is just convert their theme over so it looked pretty seemless to the user. I have also read where with a bit of coding work you can hook the nuke_users to the other system.

blackzeus90

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:47 am Reply with quote

Thanks so much for the information technocrat, its greatly appreciated!

I'm gonna take a look at the simple cart. I was hoping there was one that has been working with nuke, as some stand-alone carts want you to create user accounts, and I didn't want to bother our visitors with the hassle.

I believe our main goal with the cart is to sell the T-Shirts for the time being, so simple cart sounds like it could be the choice!

Thanks again for the info!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Other - Discussion

View next topic
View previous topic