Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.6
dssripper
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:54 pm Reply with quote

I have already searched and found a few items, but nothing that really helped.

I am looking for the script that will let me convert my phpbb standalone
to raven's phpnuke 2.10.

Any hints?

Thanks!

Dss

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:48 pm Reply with quote

There may possibly be a script out there for older versions that could be adjusted for changes in the Nuke users table, but I can't say where it is. Perhaps Evaders or one of the others more involved in bbtonuke could point you in the right direction.

In general what I'd suggest is:

1. load up a RN 2.10 distribution in a different database than your PHPBB application;

2. compare the table structures of all the forum tables -- I believe that you may well be able to just dump and restore many of the forum tables to the RN 2.10 database

3. figure out what to do about users. I may be mistaken because I've never worked with standalone PHPbb but I think the trick is going to be to get the users in there over to the Nuke users table with the appropriate information. This is where a conversion script would be most useful and maybe someone else can help with that.

Forgive me for thinking as I type, but one concern I'd have is that possibly the posts in the forums may be stored with some kind of internal user number pointing to a user table and if the conversion doesn't take that into account you could have all sorts of troubles. But that's the limit of what I know. [/list]

dssripper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:59 am Reply with quote

Thanks for the input! I figured I could do most of it manually, but I would rather have a script (less room for mistakes). Maybe someone has one or knows of one that I could use.

Thanks again!

Dss

dssripper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:41 am Reply with quote

After doing more searching I found the script over at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

I ran the scripts...and all seems to work.. So far!

I will keep you posted!

Thanks!

Dss

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.6

View next topic
View previous topic