Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.00.00 - v2.02.00 Distro
Poumai

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:31 pm Reply with quote

Hello people,
I Don't whether this is a good idea to start a new topic about this issue,, but I didn't the exact answer yet! I have downgraded phpnuke 7.8 to 7.6 and Now I cant access my Administration Menu.

steps I did are:
1. back up database
2. Overwrite all files with phpnuke 7.6 files
3. Edit config.php
4. Run The downgrading script

After I did that, I got this message

Quote:
Operation Status!
- ALTER TABLE nuke_modules failed
Operation Complete!
You MUST upload the PHP-Nuke 7.6 files to your server for the downgrade to be complete.

I dont know what is wrong with this since I am a newbie to phpnuke. I can see only few modules in the Administration Page with the message "access Denied" at the top.

Please help me fix my phpnuke website back. I need to fix this within 2 days. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:45 pm Reply with quote

Export you database structure (structure not the data as well) and send it to me at webmaster AT code-authors DOT com

Poumai

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:46 am Reply with quote

Guardian2003 wrote:
Export you database structure (structure not the data as well) and send it to me at webmaster AT code-authors DOT com

Shall I send you a private message? I am totally a newbie in this. Need to fix my site within 3 days. Dont know anything about it. All gone after downgrade! Sad

Poumai

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:38 am Reply with quote

I have sent you the database structure for nuke_modules.

Thank you very much.

Poumai

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:07 pm Reply with quote

OKi now i have been waiting for the right answer... I have sent you the database structure etc. Now tell me how to restore my old site?? I want to restore old site since no one is ready to help me out. Sad Can anybody tell me the right solution? My site is down for more a week now. Please help me.

Thanks

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:27 pm Reply with quote

Sorry, can you resend it I cannot find it in my mail.

Poumai

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:41 am Reply with quote

I have deleted all my files, databases, tables, etc from my website. Now am gonna start my website from scratch. Since I have made a mistake by downgrading from 7.8 to 7.6, I have lost all my registered users ( 150 members). I have searched the whole forums, but no one has explained properly:( .

Since I am starting my website from scratch, is it possible to get back my members?( I have the backup DB from Administration menu of my previous site i.e. 7.8 ). But I didnt do any backup from phpmyadmin. I did only from Administration Menu of my original website. If it is so, please help me get my members back. All files, folders are deleted. Everything is new. PLease suggest me so that i can make my site up and running in few days.

Thank you once again.

CodyG
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:49 am Reply with quote

If you have a backup of the database, then of course you can use that data to build your new users table. It may take some tweeking, but phpmyadmin is all good, it is an important tool.

Starting with a fresh RavenNuke is a good idea. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:19 pm Reply with quote

There are some very good posts on how to do this here on this very site and I have even offered to do it for you, for free of course.
I'm not sure how much more help I can give you, good luck.

Poumai

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:19 am Reply with quote

Guardian2003, I should have Thanked you earlier. But I couldn't say it properly becoz I was a bit worried becoz of my lovely website. Razz You are indeed giving your time and energy to help me out. I understand and respect you for that. But I was too worried to lose my 150 members. Now All gone and I have deleted everything. NO more old files except the back up database of 7.8 ( back up from Administration Menu ). I have installed 7.6 and tested myself. Everything goes smoothly. But when I import the old users table( nuke_users), the website went wrong. It shows a blank page.

Now I want to forget everything and just start a clean site and then import those old users table ( if possible ). What I did was drop the "nuke_users" from phpmyadmin and then import the old nuke_users table from the backup of 7.8. Is that the right step? I want to use all those old forums, posts, news articles, etc in my website. But since I don't know I am helpless.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:47 am Reply with quote

Poumai, no, I believe the nuke_users table from 7.8 will NOT work properly in 7.6. I am going only by what I think I've heard/seen as I refuse to touch anything above 7.6. With only 150 users, this could actually not be too bad to convert.

Here is what I suggest, get Guardian's database comparison tool from [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] Put your original 7.6 nuke_users back the way it was. Then, using Guardian's tool, do a comparison between your old 7.8 nuke_users table and the 7.6 one. BUT, do it in REVERSE. What you are going to do, is apply the changes needed to your 7.8 users table to get it to match the 7.6 one and then you can very easily move the data over.

Of course, make sure and keep a complete, good copy of your 7.8 database. I would keep that around for a long, long time until you are certain that everything you want to transfer over is over and working properly.

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:50 pm Reply with quote

NukeScripts also has a downgrader script you can try

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
Poumai

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:21 am Reply with quote

montego, you are right. I have tried to transfer users table of 7.8 ( nuke_users) to 7.6 through phpmyadmin and its getting error. I will certainly get Guardian's database comparison tool and work on it.

Thanks

Poumai

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:48 am Reply with quote

Downloaded the Guardian's database comparison tool from [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] Read the readme.txt file. But there is a small doubt popping up here. I have installed phpnuke 7.6. Which is the Database to be updated and which is the reference Database? I have only one database in website. Is it possible to have two databases in a website?

montego

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:54 pm Reply with quote

Poumai, since you made it sound like you still had a copy of your database, I assumed that you had multiple databases. I personally use XAMPP (just google it) on my local PC to do all of this type of analysis and testing. You could try that. It is very easy to set up.

Otherwise, you may need to restore your old site from your backups (your host should be able to help with that) and try this on your PC at a later time when you have the time to do this right. You should NEVER just implement a major change like this right on your production site.

Once you have mySQL, Apache, and PHP loaded on your local PC (using XAMPP), you can run through this downgrade migration process as many times as you need to get all the right pieces working properly.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:57 pm Reply with quote

If you zip your two databases up I can do them Sunday for you not a problem. Just be sure to put the word Attached somewhere in the email subject line.

Poumai

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:46 am Reply with quote

Well, Montego To use that XAMPP you suggested, I need another day or two to learn. So i have skipped that part.
I have just restored the users database and now its up and running like before though all the old extra modules i installed do not work as expected. But I am happy at least because my site is up again. I will try to downgrade to 7.6 after testing 10 times:) I hope that will do:) Now I m gona try downgrading again.( all files and databases are in my PC now:).

You guys are really helpful. I didn't expect getting free help before. But everyone here is ready to help. Thanks to you all.

Will check back again after downgrading.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.00.00 - v2.02.00 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic