Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.2
Dacubz
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 4:27 pm Reply with quote

Some users send feedback through the site, but I never see it, while others apparently don't have a problem My preferences are set properly, but I don't get email. The same goes for running polls. Some users can start polls, while some can't.

My site was converted from a standalone board and has been corrected to allow registrations per your instructions.

One thing that I notice however is that my forum was upgraded to 2.0.8 prior to converting, now it's showing 2.0.6. I used Tom's board conversion script. Maybe this is a problem somewhere?

sixonetonoffun
Spouse Contemplates Divorce

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:29 pm Reply with quote

Export your db structure and compare it with the current nuke.sql see if anything jumps out at you.

If you don't have something like beyond compare or compareIT you could try winmerge from sourceforge price is right and should be all ya need for that task.

Dacubz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 9:17 pm Reply with quote

Compared with Winmerge, and nothing looks unusual.

sixonetonoffun

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 9:44 pm Reply with quote

The feedback I dunno if it works for some and not others there are only so many things that it could be and as likely as not its more to do with the email server config on the recieving end. (Best guess)

The polls I really don't know why they should be giving trouble again I'd find out what forum it was (check permissions ect)
No errors are given at all?

The files are from the current 2.08 but the database was converted using the older 2.03 database after the new board was setup? Sounds wild to me but if its working for most of the people most of the time. Its probably fine. If it continues I'd ask them to clear there cache and cookies maybe some are floating old cookies around there yet who knows.

Dacubz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 8:43 pm Reply with quote

No it was a 2.06 converted to 2.08. After conversion. the nuke forum shows it as 2.06. I'll keep an eye open and see what's up. I tried to send feedback myself, but it didn't work either. Not a big deal, just checking to see if others have the problem. What I'd like to know though is what version are my boards, 2.06 or 2.08?

sixonetonoffun

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 7:13 am Reply with quote

If the files are 2.08 its 2.08 you can change it via phpmyadmin to reflect the current version.

I didn't know Tom had put out a 2.06 conversion so I assumed it was the 2.03 one before the port versions got synched with the phpbb version.

The feedback should only fail if there is a different line return required on your server then whats there now you might check with your host. See if they can point you to a working example mail script to compare with.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.2

View next topic
View previous topic