Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Seeking applications ...
edkiefer
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:10 am Reply with quote

I am looking for a podcast module for my phpnuke site. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Ed [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:51 am Reply with quote

Theres Wimpy [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Theres a module called MP3 Player hich I believe allows podcasts too.

srhh
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:48 pm Reply with quote

I have Wimpy and really like it. However, it's not free. But you can set it up for podcasts, make a nuke block and the other nice feature is you can set it up to open in a popup window so people can surf your site without getting the cast interrupted. Alot of other customizations too.

Any MP3 player should work, and there are a bunch of free one's out there (do a search here for recommendations).

It would be cool to see a dedicated module for podcasts, where users can comment, rate, etc. But there isn't any out there that I'm aware of.

edkiefer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:06 am Reply with quote

Has anyone had any experience with Podcast v2 Module for phpNuke by jaie productions? [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

edkiefer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:32 pm Reply with quote

srhh wrote:
I have Wimpy and really like it. However, it's not free. But you can set it up for podcasts, make a nuke block and the other nice feature is you can set it up to open in a popup window so people can surf your site without getting the cast interrupted. Alot of other customizations too.

Any MP3 player should work, and there are a bunch of free one's out there (do a search here for recommendations).

It would be cool to see a dedicated module for podcasts, where users can comment, rate, etc. But there isn't any out there that I'm aware of.

Has anyone had any experience with Podcast v2 Module for phpNuke by jaie productions? [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:51 pm Reply with quote

Some of the links on that site don't work and I can find no online demo (when the site is up).
I would certainly want to see a working version before parting with my cash how about you?

edkiefer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:22 pm Reply with quote

Guardian2003 wrote:
Some of the links on that site don't work and I can find no online demo (when the site is up).
I would certainly want to see a working version before parting with my cash how about you?

Here is a demo: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:28 pm Reply with quote

From that demo page
Quote:
simply drag and drop the podcast rss or plus image into iTunes, or your favorite podcast client

So unless I have completely misunderstood, its nothing but a link directory then as it has no online player itself?
Kind of defeats the object if you wanted to have them 'live' on your site?

I'm no expert on podcasts though!!

srhh

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:50 pm Reply with quote

Found one!

Here is a demo: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

It does have a live player, but the download of the actual module has been disabled temporarily so its hard to check it out thouroughly: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

I think it's free too.

I'm still looking for the podcast module this site is using: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
They are running Nuke Platinum

It might be the same module as the one above, just modded to suit their needs.

srhh

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:59 pm Reply with quote

Embarassed
I just realized the link to the podcast module I posted was the same linkedkiefer posted. Oops.
Anyways, in the demo you can drag and drop the rss feed into itunes/whatever, but can also listen to them online or download them too.
Still not something I'd pay for if I had too.
I might look into modding and pimpin' out the Downloads Module to work as a good decent Podcast module. That is what it looks like ThothWeb did.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Seeking applications ...

View next topic
View previous topic