Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Apache
hitwalker
Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:35 pm Reply with quote

Ok this is giving me a headache...
when i was watching a comment on a news story on my site i clicked on the link of the members Last 10 Comments:...(in your account...from cnbya)

But suprised i was to see that the aticle link was article--1-flat-0-330#4
As you can see no extension ,so no .html Sad
So it should be article--1-flat-0-330.html

Anyone have an idea where it goes wrong?

Last edited by hitwalker on Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:08 am; edited 4 times in total 
evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:50 pm Reply with quote

Mmm something wrong with GoogleTap'd code?

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
hitwalker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:55 am Reply with quote

i dont know...
but i cant figure out what,i dont even know how the "flat" is being build cause it doesnt show nowhere in the code but does exist cause you can see article--1-flat-0-330.html
so any help would be nice ...

Copy of gt is: (whitch everybody has that uses gt)

$urlin = array(
"'(?<!/)modules.php\?name=Your_Account&amp;op=userinfo&amp;username=([a-zA-Z0-9_-]*)'",
"'(?<!/)modules.php\?name=Your_Account&amp;op=([a-z_]*)\"'",
"'(?<!/)modules.php\?name=Your_Account\"'",
"'(?<!/)modules.php\?name=Journal&amp;file=search&amp;bywhat=([0-9]*)&amp;forwhat=([a-zA-Z0-9_-]*)'",
"'(?<!/)modules.php\?name=Journal&amp;file=edit'",
"'(?<!/)modules.php\?name=Members_List'",
"'(?<!/)modules.php\?name=News&amp;file=article&amp;sid=([0-9]*)'",
"'(?<!/)modules.php\?name=News&amp;file=article&amp;thold=([0-9-]*)&amp;mode=([a-z]*)&amp;order=([0-9]*)&amp;sid=([0
-9]*)([0-9#]*)'",
"'(?<!/)modules.php\?name=Private_Messages&amp;mode=post&amp;u=([0-9]*)'",
"'(?<!/)modules.php\?name=Private_Messages'",
"'(?<!/)modules.php\?name=Search&amp;type=users'",
"'(?<!/)modules.php\?name=WebMail'"
);

$urlout = array(
"userinfo-\\1.html",
"account-\\1.html\"",
"account.html\"",
"journal-search-\\1-\\2.html",
"journal-edit.html",
"members.html",
"article\\1.html",
"article-\\1-\\2-\\3-\\4.html\\5",
"messages-post-\\1.html",
"messages.html",
"search-users.html",
"webmail.html"

The problem must somewhere in the above..

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:54 am Reply with quote

And I presume, nothing in htacces that uses 'flat' ?
Weird one this.

hitwalker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:00 am Reply with quote

no...but the solution must be in the above code ,cause thats the googletap file...GT-Your_Account.php
If i take it out the original link returns back to normal .
So its the code above,no doubt about that..

hitwalker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:29 am Reply with quote

<bump>

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:17 am Reply with quote

Hmm take a look in
Your_Account/public/editcomm.php

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:22 am Reply with quote

hitwalker, there appears to be a bug in the GT code. There is an errant end-of-line character AND space in this line:

"'(?<!/)modules.php\?name=News&amp;file=article&amp;thold=([0-9-]*)&amp;mode=([a-z]*)&amp;order=([0-9]*)&amp;sid=([0
-9]*)([0-9#]*)'",

Make it look like this instead and it works:

"'(?<!/)modules.php\?name=News&amp;file=article&amp;thold=([0-9-]*)&amp;mode=([a-z]*)&amp;order=([0-9]*)&amp;sid=([0-9]*)([0-9#]*)'",

At least this works for me now.

Regards!

Last edited by montego on Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:22 am; edited 1 time in total 
hitwalker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:22 am Reply with quote

look for what guardian ?

hitwalker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:30 am Reply with quote

ahhhh montego if you were a woman i would probably kiss you but since your not..l....ha...ha....lol...

thanks that solved it....
ive spend a few hours last night searching for the answer.
i knew it was a bug cause it was mentioned on a few forums,including nukecops but as expected the topic there ends without a proper solution...there was a solution ! ....but was never published.....

Thanks for solving this monty and thanks guardian ......

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:39 am Reply with quote

Nice catch montego!

Susann

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:42 pm Reply with quote

Thanks Montego fixed that too. Smile

viper155
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:37 pm Reply with quote

Yay fixed it for me too! gj

Random question.

Does anyone know how to get the raven block-ForumsCollapsing to GT as well?

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:37 am Reply with quote

viper155 wrote:
Does anyone know how to get the raven block-ForumsCollapsing to GT as well?

Could you post that question in the appropriate forum please (nuke blocks).

montego

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:28 am Reply with quote

viper155, if you use either my ShortLinks or GTBlocks Hack, I already have the "tap" available in my downloads.

NoFantasy
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:57 am Reply with quote

Just to get rid of any google cached links, this should go into the .htaccess-file:
Code:
RedirectMatch 301 /article--1-flat-0-([0-9]*) http://www.yourdomain.com/article$1.html

(article$1.html or whatever you want the link look like)

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:41 am Reply with quote

All that does is redirect google, to get Google or other serach engines to drop a link, it has to be given a 404 'page not found' header response and it will eventually drop it as it isnt a valid page.

A 301 header response just tells Google the link has been permanently moved which in effect means the link is still valid as it redirects to the new location.

If you are interested in some header response errors I have some here [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

NoFantasy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:33 pm Reply with quote

Meaning no offense, but i think that is wrong. 404's doesnt get dropped from their index. I see them all the time in the Google Webmaster Tools, which makes it easy to verify. Also, try a search in google for "site:www.yourdomain.com", make sure to browse and have a close look at what is actually being indexed. Well, at least that is what i see when it comes to my site, which is old and been online for a long time.

As i understand it, 301's will tell the browser/engine that this link ain't there, and won't come back ever...and drops it from the index, moves on to the new location and index that one if it aint in the index from before. Now, for the 404's, this header actually tells a browser/engine the link cannot be found, however it appears it doesn't do anything apart from that.

Having more than one link going to the same page ain't really that good when it comes to SEO.

Quote:
404 Not Found
The server has not found anything matching the Request-URI. No indication is given of whether the condition is temporary or permanent. The 410 (Gone) status code SHOULD be used if the server knows, through some internally configurable mechanism, that an old resource is permanently unavailable and has no forwarding address. This status code is commonly used when the server does not wish to reveal exactly why the request has been refused, or when no other response is applicable.

...and probably why a 404-page doesnt get removed...

So, 410's could be used instead, however, this will drop your page from the index entirely, which is probably not preferred. That is why i wanted to use a 301 instead, telling the search engine that this page exists, just not at this particular link.

Puh, lol ...sorry if i make myself unclear at any point, cheers Very Happy

Reference: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:49 pm Reply with quote

Well thats certainly interesting because Yahoo specifically tries to index a non existant url on websites to see if there is a 404 response so it knows it can drop anything with a 404.

I'll read the reference link you posted but in any event its easy enough to verify by forcing an indexed uri to give a 301 and see if it gets dropped and thats something I'll certainly do as knowing the answer would certainly help remove old indexed pages that no longer exist or you do not want indexing.

I edited my post as I had inadvertanlty put 403 instead of 404 as per my previous post.

Last edited by Guardian2003 on Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total 
NoFantasy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:22 pm Reply with quote

Searching for the truth...? I'm in Razz
I found this article which basically make me look like a fool, lol ...however, it still doesnt seem to work the way they claim in this article, i have pages i removed permanent three years ago, not replaced by anything, and no http_refrer apart from google itself ...and they still appearing in the G Webmaster Tool view as 404's.
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

*runs off to make some more experimental stuff with 301's*

...bet this is an issue for the SEO-guys out there Wink

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:01 pm Reply with quote

I wonder what would happen if you placed on an already indexed page a link to a url you do not want indexing and use the noindex tag Wink

NoFantasy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:23 pm Reply with quote

...well, i know they (google) don't follow any link that has the rel="nofollow"-tag in it...but they don't seem to remove it either, if already indexed... I have no info about how the other major crawlers treat this tag, but i would assume at least MSN does, they seem to be very occupied by proper/valid markup.

As for the noindex-tag in META goes, i see that hard to actually implement in a easy way...haven't tried it though to see if pages would drop from the index. I would assume the content of the robots.txt is just the same as using the noindex-tag in meta.

montego

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:51 am Reply with quote

I have the same issue with the 404's not getting removed. Google just keeps trying every few days. ("G" you know how I am seeing this... Wink )

So, I have tried the 301 "trick" about a week or so back. I now need to check Google's cache to see if it is gone. I used a RewriteRule...

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:51 am Reply with quote

Your findings will be of interest.
From all the verbiage I have read over the last year or so it can take Google up to 6 months to drop stuff but none the less, its worth confirming what works.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Apache

View next topic
View previous topic