Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.5.x
netgoodies
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:17 am Reply with quote

Hi

I, like Raven, have a nuke package that includes NukeSentinel, and my question is related to an idea I had after upgrading NS to 2.5.03.

I noticed that another "$ab_config;" message has been added to the header to display a message when NS is disabled.

There have been occasions when the nuke package has been downloaded and installed and configured, but they have forgot or didn't realize that NS has to be setup.

I have been looking at adding to the "$ab_config;" header warning. So that a warning that a "NS has to be setup" image is displayed to the admin user when he/she is logged on.

So, finally Laughing , to my question......

I started on the work to edit the script to display the new warning, but... what advise can anyone give as to what should trigger the warning not to be displayed? Should it be a lack of data in the Admin auth list? or the fact that htaccess/ftaccess etc does exist? or what?

All feedback on this will be most welcome.

Regards

Martyn

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:31 am Reply with quote

I believe that the next version of Ravennuke will "require" NS. You could do the same thing now in mainfile by simply requiring NS instead of just including it.

@require_once(INCLUDE_PATH.'includes/nukesentinel.php');

Something like that might do where NS is presently included.

netgoodies

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:20 am Reply with quote

Hi

Thanks for the reply but I think you misunderstood.

I do not want a check on whether or not sentinel is there, I want a reminder for the site admin to goto NS admin and complete the configuration of it.

Regards

Martyn

fkelly

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:55 am Reply with quote

Sorry, I misunderstood. And sorry I don't know off the top how to do what you are suggesting.

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:13 pm Reply with quote

You could check the absence of configuration information or the presence of default configuration information, sort of like how RN checks for the installation directory and reminds you that it needs to be removed.

netgoodies

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:52 pm Reply with quote

Hi

Yes Kguske just as I thought.

Maybe I should have a list of "ifs"

Like "no admin auth list", "no ip-country data", "no .htaccess" etc etc.

What do you think should be the minimum requirement to say that NS is installed?

Regards

Martyn

kguske

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:12 pm Reply with quote

That really depends on your installation routine and your preferences for determining if NS has been installed and / or configured. If the NS configuration table doesn't exist and it isn't created by the installation routine, that could be a minimium requirement. If the installation routine creates and loads default data in the table, you could test to see if certain default data (e.g. approved admin users) is changed.

Some installations won't support admin auth / .htaccess or ip2country data, so I would recommend against using those as a minimum requirement.

netgoodies

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:03 am Reply with quote

The installation routine does create and load default data in the table, so I think I will start with an admin user list check.

kguske

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:23 pm Reply with quote

Sounds like a good idea. Good luck!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.5.x

View next topic
View previous topic