Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Bug Fixes
Elwyyn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 6:00 am Reply with quote

I've seen this posted on a lot of sites, but no one ever seems to answer ...

On my User Info block I show a blank user logged in. Looking at my database tables I find that it is always someone who is already logged in, usually myself as admin. The IP addresses match. It also happens when a registered user comes to the site, and then logs on. It shows them twice in the sessions table, once with no name, once with their name after they log on. Again, the IP addresses match.

For myself, I have my admin set to the same as my username, so when I log in I'm listed twice, once blank, and once with my username.

CodyG
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 10:18 am Reply with quote

I use a block called block-User_Menu.php

The code that lists the users online looks like this:

Starting at Line 32:
Code:
list($lastuser) = sql_fetch_row(sql_query("SELECT username FROM $user_prefix"._users." ORDER BY user_id DESC LIMIT 0,1", $dbi));

list($newid) = sql_fetch_row(sql_query("SELECT user_id FROM $user_prefix"._users." WHERE username='$lastuser'", $dbi));
$numrows = sql_num_rows(sql_query("SELECT user_id FROM $user_prefix"._users."", $dbi));
$numrows = ($numrows - 1); //removes admin as user

See that last line? Does your block have anything like it?

diablo
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 10:32 am Reply with quote

I have a similar problem with my Nuke 6.9. Former members whos accounts i have deleted still appear from time to time in the online table. What causes that?

Elwyyn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 11:06 am Reply with quote

I did not have that line, so I added it. I deleted the blank entry in the sessions table, went to my site and it added the blank user again (which was me based on IP address).

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 11:56 am Reply with quote

diablo wrote:
I have a similar problem with my Nuke 6.9. Former members whos accounts i have deleted still appear from time to time in the online table. What causes that?
Most often it's a cookie issue.

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 11:57 am Reply with quote

Elwyyn wrote:
I've seen this posted on a lot of sites, but no one ever seems to answer ...

On my User Info block I show a blank user logged in. Looking at my database tables I find that it is always someone who is already logged in, usually myself as admin. The IP addresses match. It also happens when a registered user comes to the site, and then logs on. It shows them twice in the sessions table, once with no name, once with their name after they log on. Again, the IP addresses match.

For myself, I have my admin set to the same as my username, so when I log in I'm listed twice, once blank, and once with my username.
Have you tried flushing your cache, deleting your cookies, and THEN deleting the ghost record?

diablo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 2:18 pm Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
diablo wrote:

Does that mean they can access the forums etc even though I deleted their account?

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 2:20 pm Reply with quote

diablo wrote:
Raven wrote:
diablo wrote:

Does that mean they can access the forums etc even though I deleted their account?
They shouldn't be able to. At most they could only read.

Elwyyn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 5:09 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
Have you tried flushing your cache, deleting your cookies, and THEN deleting the ghost record?

I hadn't, but I did and it still shows. I deleted both memory and disk cache, cleared all cookies, cleared the sessions table, and went so far as to re-boot my computer. I then logged on as admin and it shows me as a blank user. When I logged in with my username, it showed the blank user and me. Again, the IP addresses match.

I had a friend log out and clear their cookies, cache etc. They went to the site, then logged in. I looked at the session table and it showed them twice, once blank and once with their name.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Bug Fixes

View next topic
View previous topic