Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro
Bluezzz
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:13 am Reply with quote

I read in an older post that there is an issue with Win XP SP2 (which I do have) but I didn't see any resolution in said 2004 post. Can anyone tell me if there's a fix where clicking on Backup DB results in the admin.php page being d/l instead of the .sql? I've had this happen before but usually after a retry or two I get the right file but not so today ... it keeps wanting to give me admin.php instead of the .sql file ... I've not made any site changes to warrant this annoyance : o/

hitwalker
Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:15 am Reply with quote

yeah wellknown issue but ive read many things about this and why they think it happens...
for me the backup function (standard one) never worked that great...
and its true,sometimes it works other time it dont..

question....
you have norton internet security?

Bluezzz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:30 am Reply with quote

Nope I don't have NIS and like I said it's worked fine up until today, it decided to get finicky Surprised/ So, no known way to *fix it*?

hitwalker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:34 am Reply with quote

you maybe wanna try the advanced version....
and if for some reason your server time-outs on the command then its likely it will show the index.php...
but try the advanced one...
its downloadable somewhere..
its better to..

Bluezzz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:36 am Reply with quote

Advanced version? No clue what we're talking about now LOL

hitwalker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:39 am Reply with quote

there is an advanced version of the backup database function.... [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

jaded
Theme Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:08 am Reply with quote

for me my system downloads admin.php as well however if you open it you will see it is actually your db. You can use it exactly the same. I do it all of the time. I am not sure exactly when it started to happen, perhaps with my new computer. It effects nothing really. The same info is contained.

Ghost Stories & More [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] 
Bluezzz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:39 am Reply with quote

Thank you both for your replies, if it matters not then I'll not worry about it for now : o}

jaded

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:07 am Reply with quote

just open one up and be certain that it contains your database. In my case it does.

Bluezzz

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:40 pm Reply with quote

Ya, it does look like the other saved files, thanks again! I hope someone figures out the problem and gets it fixed for future versions. Hugzzz

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:58 am Reply with quote

Quote:

I hope someone figures out the problem and gets it fixed for future versions

We've been expousing quite a bit in the forums that it is better to use phpMyAdmin. To really "fix" this admin module in PHP-Nuke would be extremely low priority given that phpMyAdmin is on almost every hosting plan's tool list and is an excellent work-around.

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:45 am Reply with quote

For what its worth, on new sites I have never had a problem with the nuke back up function but once you start getting some data stored in the DB it seems to fall over.
Maybe its a memory thing but even so, I would use phpmyadmin or as Jaded has found, just download the file it tries to give you (admin.php) as it will contain all the data you need.

Bluezzz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:22 am Reply with quote

Yep I've looked at the admin.php file and it is like the others that did d/l correctly ... it is still a problem tho, I'm using RN76 2.02.02 so that's about as new an install as it gets far as I know. I will look into BU from phpMyAdmin also, I avoid logging into that ... dunno why ... too many buttons I guess LOL

Thanks all! Hugzzz

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:06 pm Reply with quote

phpmyadmin is definitely the tool to use.
The core nuke backup script is several years old and as far as I know it has hardly ever been touched - apart from some fixes but it is certainly worth looking at it again for RN at some point.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic