Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Security - PHP Nuke
wiz
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:42 pm Reply with quote

Hi Guys.

Finally i have installed your full 7.6 2.0.20 distro, or whatever number the latest is Cool , That was d*** easy. Got my site basically set up again, and fixed the new themes and stuff we are using.

My Question is..

Are there any security patches, mods, or updates. That i really should install now; that the latest 7.6 distro does not cover?

Im pretty cool with my Sentinel settings, so guys..please enlighten this (pretty much) noob, with your very wise advice.

Thanks in advance
WIZ

srhh
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:35 pm Reply with quote

You're as up to date as the rest us of us Smile
There is a new version of RavenNuke (2.1) coming out soon that will have any other pertinent patches, fixes, streamlined coding, etc etc. You can bet there will be a thread about it and an announcement when it is released.
The default Sentinel settings should do just fine for you too.
As far as other modules go, that's up to you. As I've recently and painfully learned, just make sure they are compatible with 7.6. Wink

wiz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:40 pm Reply with quote

lol i hear ya, lots of our modules, forums, blocks etc are not compatible, but being webmaster they want everything to appear at once and work perfectly. tough s**t i say, when i code it, then ill activate it Idea

Thats good to know, that the guys at Raven are looking after us!!

Wave

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:00 am Reply with quote

Sadly there will be some backward compatibility issues but the growing popularity of Raven Nuke is finally seeing some of the third party developers making a move towards better coding standards.
If something you add to Raven Nuke doesn't work, 99% of the time it is simply down to the fact its very old code.
I actually find this useful as I then know it isnt coded with the latest 'patch' security level in mind.

The next release is very close Smile and man, is it quick!

wiz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:26 am Reply with quote

excellent

jaded
Theme Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:06 am Reply with quote

you really should update your Sentinel. The Sentinel released with the last RN is out of date. The new version of RN will be updated but for now, you should update yours. I cannot recall which version it is in the current RN package but there have been serveral important updates since its release.

You should also consider protecting your phpbb forum admin page as many of us have done with an http authorization. You can find instructions on that in the forums.

Ghost Stories & More [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Security - PHP Nuke

View next topic
View previous topic