Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Bug Fixes
southern
Client

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 9:22 am Reply with quote

I was trying to submit a new article on my site as admin and when I clicked Go! I got a blank white page with _ERROR at top left. What caused this and how do I fix it? Thanks

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:17 pm Reply with quote

Is it happening on all posting attempts? In other words can you post a simple article like "This is a test"?

southern

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 3:02 pm Reply with quote

It happens when I click submit news, whether as southern the admin or southern the member, I enter the title and text and click preview and that page loads OK, but when I click OK! to submit the story I get the blank white page and _ERROR.

southern

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 3:10 pm Reply with quote

The same thing happens with a different alias, clicking OK! in submit news gets a white page with the url... [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 5:16 pm Reply with quote

Obviously all was working at some point and time. Please chronicle the changes since the last time it worked.

southern

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 5:49 pm Reply with quote

Yes, it did work once, then I upgraded to 7.0 but I didn't notice afterward whether submit news still worked since it had worked before. Shortly after upgrading I put on chatserv's 7.0 patched, uploading the various modules/index.php files to overwrite the original 7.0 files. Only today did I notice submit news has gone awry. That's the basic chronology.

southern

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 7:40 am Reply with quote

Bumpbump

Raven

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 8:57 am Reply with quote

Start by restoring your mainfile.php to your previous one. If it still does not work, restore the News folder to your previous one.

southern

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 10:56 pm Reply with quote

OK, it's working fine now. I can once again submit scintillatin' bits of news.
Sorry for the delay responding, I've been busy doing non-computer related stuff- gardening.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Bug Fixes

View next topic
View previous topic