Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.6 Bugs/Fixes
eharmonic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:18 am Reply with quote

Problem in Summary:
- This is a new install. I tried porting my old phpBB forums to no avail, so we dumped the old site.
- Users cannot post in the forums after registering. When they try to post, it dumps them back to their profile page.
- Forums are supposed to be available for all 'registered' users. I have not set restrictions (yet).
- When I try to add users to a non-moderator group which I created, I get the sql 1064 error.
- Moderator group *does* work and *can* post.

I am so close to fixing this one I can freakin' taste it.

I have looked into 1064 errors with no success, but I believe there might be a group fixup which I can use...still quite confused as to some of the structure of where solutions might be found without doing the site search all the time. I'll get it one of these days. :-\

Initially, I wanted the site to remain open for all posters then I would lock things down, but all they can do is register. This is the specific error I receive:

---------------
Error getting user list for group

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'ORDER BY u.username' at line 7

SELECT u.username, u.user_id, u.user_viewemail, u.user_posts, u.user_regdate, u.user_from, u.user_website, u.user_email, u.user_icq, u.user_aim, u.user_yim, u.user_msnm, ug.user_pending FROM nuke_users u, nuke_bbuser_group ug WHERE ug.group_id = '11' AND u.user_id = ug.user_id AND ug.user_pending = '0' AND ug.user_id <> ORDER BY u.username

Line : 797
File : groupcp.php
-------------

I can see there is a 'points' structure which would theoretically allow someone with points to post, but can't seem to see how to add points to a user. (Don't think this is related, though.)

/sigh. I hope this one isn't too far out there but isn't readily found. I really like this software.

Do I scrap the whole thing a third time, or is this fixable? Sad

Thanks very much for your help!

MrE.

Last edited by eharmonic on Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:17 pm; edited 3 times in total 
eharmonic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:39 pm Reply with quote

...a little more information:
I have groups in the regular Nuke site (top half of the administration panels) which are named the same as the phpBB forum user groups. I'm not sure if this is relevant to mention or something which should be expected, but it may be part of the constellation that is this problem.

Thanks,
MrE.

eharmonic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:56 pm Reply with quote

Update: Some progress

Part of the problem was at the nuke level of permissions to use the forums...all groups were not selected. >_<

Everyone can now post on the boards, but I still need to figure out how to limit certain threads to certain user groups...and my user groups are still broken at the phpbb forum level.

I guess part of my issue is knowing where nuke security ends and phpbb forums permissions begin. I think I'll be buying a book today...

Susann

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:47 pm Reply with quote

You can read about the permission of the forums at phpBB.com I believe. I´ve learned a lot from the German phpBB website about the groups,settings,permission etc.
I don´t use that pointsystem. But I think it´s easy to give users points for different things like posts,votes,comments etc. just go to nuke administration and click there users groups, scroll down and change the points from 0 to e.g. 10 for new forums posts. Is that your only MYSQL error ?

Do you also use NSN Groups ?

eharmonic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:14 pm Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply! I do not use NSN groups.

I created a couple new groups inside phpBB, and it appears I am able to use those...now I just have to figure out how to delete the old, corrupt groups without affecting the rest of my data.

I am worried there is more corruption lurking, but haven't seen anything else so far. However, since it is so early in this newest incarnation of my site, does anyone have any thoughts about my creating a new db/site?

I guess the question is this: once phpbb databases start to corrupt, is it better to start fresh/from a backup or work through the corruption?

Thanks,
MrE.

Susann

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:58 am Reply with quote

Quote:
I just have to figure out how to delete the old, corrupt groups without affecting the rest of my data.
You can easily delete or edit a group, from the nuke administration and there User Groups Administration. Other settings and changes e.g. the Moderator for a group are in forums administration and there Group Admin click Managment and select "look up Group" there you can also delete a group.The permissions are also interesting. Just play a litte with those settings in the forums administration. Smile
With PhpMyadmin you can also optimize and repair the database tables.

eharmonic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:37 am Reply with quote

As soon as I try to look at the group, I receive the above error...going to try this in phpmyadmin.

Thanks! Smile

MrE.

Susann

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:10 am Reply with quote

Check this :
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Possible change the number of the group_moderator in the table nuke_bbgroups.I have at my standard 7.6 testsite there for group-moderator= 7 and don´t get an error.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.6 Bugs/Fixes

View next topic
View previous topic