Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Post Installation Help
Bravo2zero
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:39 am Reply with quote

Hi All,
Been a while and soooo busy,

Ok having a real problem with forums ranks! Rolling Eyes added a few more ranks myself which from what i see here on ravens site is set out the same way sort of,

I have site admin, moderator, blah blah set as special ranks and these are fine!

the ones that i don't have as special ranks are the problem, when a new member joins the rank system seems not to allocate them a rank? but if i edit their username in forums admin/ user management/ username etc by choosing a special rank for them then save it, then go back in and change back to the no special rank selection, when you you view them in the forums, they now have the rank and 1 star etc, Rolling Eyes it jst don't seem to pickup the new member joining and won't allocate the ranks unless you do it for each one?

any help would be much appreciated truly,

thanks in advance

B2Z

The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:52 am Reply with quote

In the ranks in forums admin, When you set a default user rank, you want to set the default as NOT a special rank. Special ranks are required to have something they earn, either through posts or you set them yourself.

So set one to one post and with no special rank but put a star as its image and you should be fine.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:10 am Reply with quote

ok so let's get this right you want me to set the no special ranks etc starting with the first needing one post to get a rank? and give the first rank one star etc,

next no special rank would be say 25 posts and would get two stars?

i think the max stars i have is 5? but have 8 ranks set to no special rank etc.

sorry to be a bit lame on this but it's doing my grey matter in lol

T.I.A
B2Z

gregexp

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:18 am Reply with quote

Right now my main server is down, I will be posting a screen shot of what I mean but it should look like this

RANK TITLE ..............MINIMUM POST ...................SET AS SPECAIL RANK

rank1 ..........................whatever u want ...................yes
rank2 ..........................whatever u want ...................yes
etc..
then
default rank(whatever u want)......1..............................no

then go into the default rank edits menu and edit the picture and such.
but the default will automatically appear on EVERY new member. Not sure what happens when you fix this AFTER the members have been made but Im sure I could come up with an sql update for you if it doesnt automatically set the users you have. I dont see any reason for it to not update.

Bravo2zero

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:24 am Reply with quote

that is how i have them set, to update you, i deleted the non special ranks and added them again and edited the stars to show now the 10 ranks and 10 stars etc,

but still the old members are ok with the ranks but seems to be anyone from approx 6 weeks ago who joined after that time etc that is affected?

i think it needs some kind on sql update, i have been in the DB and then new ranks are set ok in there and all set to no except the given ranks set as special who are set to yes, like admin, moderator, newbie etc etc.

please help already downed 1 bottle of valium just off to store for another as driving me insane with members saying "why don't mine do what his does blah blah" Bang Head

T.I.A

B2Z

gregexp

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:30 am Reply with quote

so you have at least one rank set to one post and not special?

Bravo2zero

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:39 am Reply with quote

this is a copy and paste for the non special ranks, the ones i choose and set individuals for admin etc are set to yes with no posts needed, the ones below are the ones not working with new members unless i edit there account info to show a special rank, save then go back and set to the no special rank selected etc, then they work fine for that one users/ member etc

Just got the manual open 1 No Edit Delete
Ok found the bonnet catch 25 No Edit Delete
Ok got the bonnet up 49 No Edit Delete
Ok found my toolbox 99 No Edit Delete
Ok got the toolbox open 149 No Edit Delete
Ok the spanners are out 199 No Edit Delete
Keep me covered i'm going in! 249 No Edit Delete
Oh Blast that's broke it! 399 No Edit Delete
On the phone for parts! 499 No Edit Delete
Manual, Chisel, Hammer!! 750 No Edit Delete
Little more adjustment needed! 999 No Edit Delete
Bigger hammer needed i think! 1499 No Edit Delete
Chief Mechanic now! 1999 No Edit Delete

T.I.A
B2Z

Bravo2zero

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:34 pm Reply with quote

Still not fixed this problem, all new member/ registrations do not work with the ranking system?

not unless as i said, having to alter their no precial rank to a special rank then save, then alterd back to no special rank and save again, then all is fine for that one user.

I think the Database tables will have to either be deleted and reinserted for ranks or some sql update on the originals?

i have a feeling this started when i have 2 moderators ranks for some reason, and i deleted one which may have caused the screw up?

any help on this greatly appreciated please.

B2Z

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Post Installation Help

View next topic
View previous topic