Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Other - Chit Chat
Dauthus
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:55 am Reply with quote

I was perusing the different news topics from way back when. Here's one I liked quite a lot. This is a partial quote:

Quote:
FB has done all kinds of changing tables and field names to integrate phpbb into phpNuke. Personally I think it's a bad move. Modules and Blocks may be breaking all over the place because of this... I personally take issue with FB's methodology to make such drastic changes in the name of integrating a forum application. phpNuke is supposed to be a Portal/CMS. It's purpose is to provide the framework for applications, not to be an all-in-all in and of itself... By version 6 of any software application you should not be making these types of changes, imo, unless you also provide a seamless integration...

Very Happy

Susann

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:34 am Reply with quote

I m using version 6+ and there were two different versions available with and without forum. Why I choosed the one with forums module don´t know. Possible I thought its easy to remove this module if I don´t need it. That´s a mistake.It isn´t easy to replace the phpBB module and integrate e.g. the SMF forum instead of phpBB.
Some developer have integrated again FB s first forums version Splatt so it s possible.

However, the forum is the place were people meet and communicate together,exchange experiences and find friends. It´s a main attraction and I believe without forum my website wouldn´t exist until today.
I´m not talking about all the security issues of phpBB because that´s another point.

Dauthus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:11 pm Reply with quote

This is true. Sometimes I feel like PHP-Nuke is turning into a portal for phpBB. Then I really sit back and look at all the modules available, and it turns into a new beast all together.

If you remove the forums, you have one heck of a blog setup though. It sure looks and works better than any of the other blog software I have seen out there, IMO.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Other - Chit Chat

View next topic
View previous topic