Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> MySQL
blind

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:03 am Reply with quote

Hey!

this will probably come across dumb to you guys. But this is my first time actualy messing with the SQL file itself. I have installed 7.6 Patched to PHP-Nuke 7.6 and i was supposed to update a unch of things in the sql file.

I have managed to update everything it asked ecept this:

Code:
update nuke_bbconfig SET config_value='.0.17' where config_name='version';

I uess im just dumbstruck when it comes to figuring out what to do... can anyone help this make a bit more sense to me so i can so it correctly Very Happy

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:14 am Reply with quote

Not sure why you need to do that, since it should be included in the installation script that you can run online. What is the problem?

blind

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:21 am Reply with quote

Im trying to do it all, manualy! I dont think i'll ever learn anything if i continue to do it from installations.

kguske

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:47 pm Reply with quote

OK, did you get an error message?

blind

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:23 pm Reply with quote

No i dont know how im supposed to edit that in the main SQL i believe i need to do somthing in this code here:

Code:
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `nuke_bbconfig`;

CREATE TABLE `nuke_bbconfig` (
  `config_name` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
  `config_value` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
  PRIMARY KEY  (`config_name`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1;

im supposed to add this:

Code:

In that code above. Im just stoped on how, Its just not making enough sense to me. Also there is no install.php that you speak of![/quote][/code]

gregexp
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:44 pm Reply with quote

Ok, this is not a code to be added to a core table build,

This code is to be run on the database without the dropping and reinserting of a table,

Lets start from the top:

First go into cpanel
Then go into mysqldatabase
at the bottom of the new window, youll see a link to phpmyadmin, click it,
now your in the database.
select the database you want to update(the database nuke uses, can be found in config.php if your not sure)
then youll see all the tables to your right, above them will be a series of tabs,
select SQL

then a text box will appear to input sql code

input that in there

Im refering to this:

this is called running an sql query and it only updates the table, what your were trying to do would have dropped it,reamade it, then you would have lost all previous settings.
just run the one line as it is.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:32 pm Reply with quote

Ok thanks alot! Thats what i needed to know. BUt that leads me to one more quick thing.

There was a bunch more edits it was asking and i did them directly to the SQ file here is what there where:

Code:
alter table nuke_stories change informant informant varchar(25) not null default ''; 

alter table nuke_stories change aid aid varchar(25) not null default '';
alter table nuke_autonews change informant informant varchar(25) not null default '';
alter table nuke_autonews change aid aid varchar(25) not null default '';
alter table nuke_reviews change reviewer reviewer varchar(25) default NULL;
alter table nuke_reviews_add change reviewer reviewer varchar(25) not null default '';
alter TABLE nuke_bbsessions ADD COLUMN session_admin tinyint(2) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL;

in the SQL file i just changed the number value and that was basicly all it needed. Did i do that wrong also ?

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:12 pm Reply with quote

If you copied those alter table statements into the phpmyadmin screen as Darklord suggested and then clicked "go" then it probably gave you some statement about n statements executed or some other indicator that it was "happy". If you look in phpmyadmin at the structure of your tables, say for example nuke_stories, you should for example see that the "informant" field is now defined as varchar(25).

If you are going to work on this stuff you might want to pick up a MYSQL book or read some online basic tutorials. I just suggest this to make your life easier because trying to administer this stuff while "flying blind" is really not that pleasant an experience.

Have a great weekend.

blind

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:23 pm Reply with quote

Thanks alot fkelly & You have yourself a great one aswell!

blind

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:23 pm Reply with quote

Just to double check all went well would this be the correct responce from phMyAdmin ?

Code:
Your SQL query has been executed successfully

SQL query: ALTER TABLE nuke_stories CHANGE informant informant varchar( 25 ) NOT NULL default '';# MySQL returned an empty result set (i.e. zero rows).
ALTER TABLE nuke_stories CHANGE aid aid varchar( 25 ) NOT NULL default '';# MySQL returned an empty result set (i.e. zero rows).
ALTER TABLE nuke_autonews CHANGE informant informant varchar( 25 ) NOT NULL default '';# MySQL returned an empty result set (i.e. zero rows).
ALTER TABLE nuke_autonews CHANGE aid aid varchar( 25 ) NOT NULL default '';# MySQL returned an empty result set (i.e. zero rows).
ALTER TABLE nuke_reviews CHANGE reviewer reviewer varchar( 25 ) default NULL ;# MySQL returned an empty result set (i.e. zero rows).
ALTER TABLE nuke_reviews_add CHANGE reviewer reviewer varchar( 25 ) NOT NULL default '';# MySQL returned an empty result set (i.e. zero rows).
ALTER TABLE nuke_bbsessions ADD COLUMN session_admin tinyint( 2 ) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL ;# MySQL returned an empty result set (i.e. zero rows).

gregexp

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:36 pm Reply with quote

YES!! Glad to see it worked for you.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> MySQL

View next topic
View previous topic