Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) Bug Reports
NeapolitanWorld
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:50 am Reply with quote

Hi Everyone, I was hoping I could get some help. I installed sentinal 2.4.0 and I'm running Nuke 7.6.0.2.9 (2.9) patched. My installation went ok, but in my "Edit for core files" I run in to a problem. Specifacly with "mainfile7.6".

It asks to find:
Code:
if (defined('FORUM_ADMIN')) {

@require_once("../../../config.php");
   @require_once("../../../db/db.php");
   @require_once("../../../includes/sql_layer.php");
   if (file_exists("../../../includes/custom_files/custom_mainfile.php")) { @include_once("../../../includes/custom_files/custom_mainfile.php"); }
   @require_once("../../../includes/ipban.php");
   if (defined('NUKE_HEADER') && file_exists("../../../includes/custom_files/custom_head.php")) { @include_once("../../../includes/custom_files/custom_head.php"); }
   if (defined('NUKE_HEADER') && file_exists("../../../includes/custom_files/custom_header.php")) { @include_once("../../../includes/custom_files/custom_header.php"); }
} elseif (defined('INSIDE_MOD')) {
   @require_once("../../config.php");
   @require_once("../../db/db.php");
   @require_once("../../includes/sql_layer.php");
   if (file_exists("../../includes/custom_files/custom_mainfile.php")) { @include_once("../../includes/custom_files/custom_mainfile.php"); }
   @require_once("../../includes/ipban.php");
   if (defined('NUKE_HEADER') && file_exists("../../includes/custom_files/custom_head.php")) { @include_once("../../includes/custom_files/custom_head.php"); }
   if (defined('NUKE_HEADER') && file_exists("../../includes/custom_files/custom_header.php")) { @include_once("../../includes/custom_files/custom_header.php"); }
} else {
   @require_once("config.php");
   @require_once("db/db.php");
   @require_once("includes/sql_layer.php");
   if (file_exists("includes/custom_files/custom_mainfile.php")) { @include_once("includes/custom_files/custom_mainfile.php"); }
   @require_once("includes/ipban.php");
   if (defined('NUKE_HEADER') && file_exists("includes/custom_files/custom_head.php")) { @include_once("includes/custom_files/custom_head.php"); }
   if (defined('NUKE_HEADER') && file_exists("includes/custom_files/custom_header.php")) { @include_once("includes/custom_files/custom_header.php"); }
}

HOWEVER, the best I can find near that in my mainfile.php is:

Quote:
if (!defined('FORUM_ADMIN')) {
if (isset($newlang) AND !eregi("\.","$newlang")) {
if (file_exists("language/lang-".$newlang.".php")) {
setcookie("lang",$newlang,time()+31536000);
@include("language/lang-".$newlang.".php");
$currentlang = $newlang;
} else {
setcookie("lang",$language,time()+31536000);
@include("language/lang-".$language.".php");
$currentlang = $language;
}
} elseif (isset($lang)) {
@include("language/lang-".$lang.".php");
$currentlang = $lang;
} else {
setcookie("lang",$language,time()+31536000);
@include("language/lang-".$language.".php");
$currentlang = $language;
}
}

function get_lang($module) {
global $currentlang, $language;
if (file_exists("modules/$module/language/lang-".$currentlang.".php")) {
if ($module == admin) {
@include_once("admin/language/lang-".$currentlang.".php");
} else {
@include_once("modules/$module/language/lang-".$currentlang.".php");
}
} else {
if ($module != "Forums") {
if ($module == admin) {
@include_once("admin/language/lang-".$currentlang.".php");
} else {
@include_once("modules/$module/language/lang-".$language.".php");
}
}
}
}

After I replace the code that is a little different from the one is asked to replace, my sentinal does work, but I run in to problems with other functions of my nuke, such as surveys/polls, last seen block, site messenger and other. Is there some thing that I'm missing with 2.9? has anyone ran in to this??

thanks for the help in advance

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:51 am Reply with quote

NeapolitanWorld, I have looked through my "archives" and are you able to find the following bit of code in mainfile.php (around line 112 is the code you should be looking for):

Code:

if (stristr($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME'], "mainfile.php")) {
    Header("Location: index.php");
    die();
}

} else {
    /* FOLLOWING TWO LINES ARE DEPRECATED BUT ARE HERE FOR OLD MODULES COMPATIBILITY */
    /* PLEASE START USING THE NEW SQL ABSTRACTION LAYER. SEE MODULES DOC FOR DETAILS */
    $dbi = sql_connect($dbhost, $dbuname, $dbpass, $dbname);
}

$mainfile = 1;
$result = $db->sql_query("SELECT * FROM ".$prefix."_config");
$row = $db->sql_fetchrow($result);

I gave you a bit of extra code at the beginning and end to help you find what you need to be looking for.

I am confused by all the extra code you posted including what appears to me to be duplication. Are you sure it is asking you to find all this extra bit of code? I think it is really looking for the

} else {
/* FOLLOWING TWO LINES ARE DEPRECATED BUT ARE HERE FOR OLD MODULES COMPATIBILITY */
/* PLEASE START USING THE NEW SQL ABSTRACTION LAYER. SEE MODULES DOC FOR DETAILS */
$dbi = sql_connect($dbhost, $dbuname, $dbpass, $dbname);
}

Bit of code and probably asking you to add another require_once to include the sentinel.php scripts (or was it nukesentinel.php by 2.4.0 - can't remember).

Anyways, hopefully that gets you closer. However, I would strongly, strongly, strongly advise you upgrading your site to the latest 3.1 patchset and lastest NukeSentinel 2.4.2.

NeapolitanWorld

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:28 pm Reply with quote

Thank you for your help. I will for sure upgrade, as soon as I get my install done correctly. In my edits folder for mainfile7.6, here is what is telling me to find:

#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#
if (file_exists("../../../includes/custom_files/custom_mainfile.php")) { @include_once("../../../includes/custom_files/custom_mainfile.php"); }
@require_once("../../../includes/ipban.php");
if (defined('NUKE_HEADER') && file_exists("../../../includes/custom_files/custom_head.php")) { @include_once("../../../includes/custom_files/custom_head.php"); }
if (defined('NUKE_HEADER') && file_exists("../../../includes/custom_files/custom_header.php")) { @include_once("../../../includes/custom_files/custom_header.php"); }
if (file_exists("../../includes/custom_files/custom_mainfile.php")) { @include_once("../../includes/custom_files/custom_mainfile.php"); }
@require_once("../../includes/ipban.php");
if (defined('NUKE_HEADER') && file_exists("../../includes/custom_files/custom_head.php")) { @include_once("../../includes/custom_files/custom_head.php"); }
if (defined('NUKE_HEADER') && file_exists("../../includes/custom_files/custom_header.php")) { @include_once("../../includes/custom_files/custom_header.php"); }
} else {
if (file_exists("includes/custom_files/custom_mainfile.php")) { @include_once("includes/custom_files/custom_mainfile.php"); }
@require_once("includes/ipban.php");
if (defined('NUKE_HEADER') && file_exists("includes/custom_files/custom_head.php")) { @include_once("includes/custom_files/custom_head.php"); }
if (defined('NUKE_HEADER') && file_exists("includes/custom_files/custom_header.php")) { @include_once("includes/custom_files/custom_header.php"); }
}

As stated in the text file, it may not be the same as the one in my nuke 7.6, which is not, it is much shorter, maybe the same you wrote on your post. However, after I add the following code per instructions:

#-----[ CHANGE TO ]------------------------------------------
#
//@require_once("../../../includes/ipban.php");
@include_once("../../../includes/nukesentinel.php");
//@require_once("../../includes/ipban.php");
@include_once("../../includes/nukesentinel.php");
} else {
//@require_once("includes/ipban.php");
@include_once("includes/nukesentinel.php");
}

It istalls and I can work with sentinal admin, however my nuke does not work properly. The problems I have are things like survy's/polls not working and some other thigs as well. I have done all my previous edits already, however this one, seams to have a problem with my nuke. Sorry I know I'm being a little repetative, but maybe I did not explain right, or I'm not sure if I got your post right.
Please, anyone, much appriciated the help you can provide.

Best

NeapolitanWorld

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:38 pm Reply with quote

Looking at the code next to each other, it looks identical. Can some one confirm the code that is given for mainfile7.6 and sentinal 2.4.0.

thanks

montego

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:32 am Reply with quote

NeapolitanWorld, Please send me both the original mainfile.php (that you started with) and the file which has the core file edit instructions in it for 2.4.0 and I'll incorporate it for you. You may send it to montego _at_ montegoscripts dot com.

Please be patient, though, I have a day job and night job (family). I should be able to give it back to you by around this time tomorrow.

Regards, montego

NeapolitanWorld

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:39 am Reply with quote

Thank you Montego. Very kind of you. Files are in your e-mail.

Best

montego

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:44 pm Reply with quote

NeapolitanWorld wrote:
Thank you Montego. Very kind of you. Files are in your e-mail.

Best

Got 'em. Thanks. Will look at them tonight.

montego

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:02 am Reply with quote

NeapolitanWorld, I sent the edited mainfile.php back to you, however, as noted in my message, the original unedited script is not from the same nuke version (as best I can tell -- too many differences) than the second "edited" file you provided. So, if I did not edit the right script, please resend me the mainfile.php script from the nuke version you are trying to install NS on. Thanks.

NeapolitanWorld

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:50 am Reply with quote

Hi Montego, I'm in business! thank you. Your edits worked.

montego

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:24 am Reply with quote

Great to hear. Glad to help.

Cheers

Plasma
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:35 pm Reply with quote

Hello All!

I too have this problem. i downloaded phpnuke 7.6 Patched from NukeResources. the code i have in my mainfile.php is identical to NeapolitanWorld's as show in his first post of this topic. can someone please show me how to change mine correctly? and it's patched 3.1

thx

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:53 am Reply with quote

Some of the confusion may be caused by multiple versions of the 3.1. You can find details here.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) Bug Reports

View next topic
View previous topic