Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro
montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:15 am Reply with quote

Quote:

If I delete the installation files, is there anything else that I need to delete? or should I be pretty safe?

I believe that is all that the instructions say to delete, but it also says to change the permissions on your .htaccess and/or .staccess file (please do as it says based upon which method of admin protection you set up through NukeSentinel -- it is all in the instructions -- the HowToInstall manual).

Quote:

Also is Nuke Sentinal mainly for security? And if so is it pretty good?

Not just "pretty good", but the "best" in many people's opinion. If nuke was just coded to not be such a hackers "dream", one wouldn't need the Chatserv patch series or a tool like NukeSentinel, but keep in mind that RavenNuke76 is touted as being one of the more secure nuke distributions out there.

Regarding your forum template, I suggest getting the site working to your satisfaction first, take copious backups of the files and database and then beging your "tweaking"... believe me, you'll be "tweaking" forever because you'll constantly find new add-ons, themes, etc.......

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:31 am Reply with quote

The INSTALLATION folder is the only folder you need to delete after your site is set up.
Don't forget to go to admin->Preferences and admin->Forum->Configuration to complete and double check everything is set up.

Yes, Sentinel is mainly for security and most of the correct seetings have already been set by default but read the readme!

Regarding forum templates, make sure this is a BBtoNuke template - a phpBB template will not work as it uses different paths.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic