Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.6
themadhacker
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:01 am Reply with quote

I normally dont post a question without first surfing for an answer. However this is very urgent and needs attention quick!

I just noticed on one of my sites running 7.6 that all new members are automaically given moderator status on random public forums and are always given moderator status to my private moderator forums.

I just recently moved servers/hosting and my old site was running 7.4 and my new site is running ravens 7.6 w/Sentinel. I backed up the db and imported the db files from the forums only. I had to do this because my old site had so much customizing done that I basically wanted to get rid of everything except PM's and forum posts/topics...and of course my membership. So basically that is all i brought over to the new site.

Any help would be appreciated....and given time I could fix this myself. I just dont want to stop accepting members till I figure it out.

Thanks!

gregexp
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:40 am Reply with quote

to be honest...sounds like the your account module(on user activation) is putting a status value in that persons row under nuke_users...if it was me id look at the activation..see what value it puts into the sql database...then look to see what value ur forums are reading to declare moderator status....well i think it would be easier to change the your account then to change the forums...so yeah..hope this leads u to the right answer.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:54 pm Reply with quote

The strange thing is that it always gives all new users moderator status to the 2 moderator forums that I have permissions set to "moderators only" and 1 forum that permissions are set to "admins only". Then the rest of the public forums I have permissions of "registered only"....it just randomly makes them a mod of one or more of those.

I know its nothing to do with ravens 7.6 w/sentinel...because I have it running on a few different sites that was a "clean install" with a clean db created during the install. I am sure it is something residual from the transfer fo the db tables from the old 7.4 install.

Is there any script out there that will repair the db tables without dropping the data within?

Thanks for your reply.

gregexp

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:05 pm Reply with quote

to repair we must first see the problem...i doubt u want to try any scripts on this one...seems to be a unique problem...tell u what...post me the insert part of the sql run from the data u inserted..the table structure...then export a user with forum permission and one without.

im thinkin when u inserted ur old info...u had a different table structure and if im not mistakin...the sql codes it runs needs to have the correct amount of values

for example...if i have 4 data fields in a row and the third row is user status...but in the original install...the third row is userpermission

userpermission by default would be 4 but status should be 1..1 being active for status but 1 makin forums moderator..so now the script is tryin to set user activation in the 3rd value...but the 3rd value is user permission.

insert into nuke_users values(x,x,1,4,)
see that third row would make em forum admin where the script is tryin to set it as active....i hope i laid this out simple...i am tryin to explain what i understand in my head...its a mess up there Laughing

themadhacker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:04 pm Reply with quote

darklord wrote:
to repair we must first see the problem...i doubt u want to try any scripts on this one...seems to be a unique problem...tell u what...post me the insert part of the sql run from the data u inserted..the table structure...then export a user with forum permission and one without.

im thinkin when u inserted ur old info...u had a different table structure and if im not mistakin...the sql codes it runs needs to have the correct amount of values

for example...if i have 4 data fields in a row and the third row is user status...but in the original install...the third row is userpermission

userpermission by default would be 4 but status should be 1..1 being active for status but 1 makin forums moderator..so now the script is tryin to set user activation in the 3rd value...but the 3rd value is user permission.

insert into nuke_users values(x,x,1,4,)
see that third row would make em forum admin where the script is tryin to set it as active....i hope i laid this out simple...i am tryin to explain what i understand in my head...its a mess up there Laughing

Well I fixed it....not sure what exactly fixed it because I done a couple of things. But here is what I done.

I deleted the group "Moderators" and then "Optimized Database" from AdminCP.

After I did these 2 things I registered a new user 2 consecutive times and they had no moderator status of any kind. So I feel comfortable that it is now fixed.

However there is a couple of issues that I found out that I may create a new post on. So if you see another post from me tonight/tomorrow I would appreciate a look.

Thanks so much for your quick responses and ideas.

PS...yes what you said did make sense to me....so either you arent that "messed up" or I am just as "messed up" as you are "up there"

LOL

Have a good weekend! Very Happy

gregexp

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:08 pm Reply with quote

glad to see u got it fixed..im afraid that u might end up makin a group later on down the road and the same problem occur...hope that u find a solution to it and if not...were always around...u too mate..have a good weekend

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:29 pm Reply with quote

Well, I am still concerned that you have only "masked the symptom" of a potentially larger problem. I suggest that you dump the table structure from your nuke installation in question and compare it to the sql structure from a brand new RavenNuke76 installation and see if you are missing any fields. I'd hate for something more serious to crop up later down the road. Lets find out if we have an issue now and get it fixed up right.

Up to you, of course, but I believe there is a table field mis-match here, I just don't know how much of one we have...

themadhacker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:26 pm Reply with quote

darklord wrote:
glad to see u got it fixed..im afraid that u might end up makin a group later on down the road and the same problem occur...hope that u find a solution to it and if not...were always around...u too mate..have a good weekend

montego wrote:
Well, I am still concerned that you have only "masked the symptom" of a potentially larger problem. I suggest that you dump the table structure from your nuke installation in question and compare it to the sql structure from a brand new RavenNuke76 installation and see if you are missing any fields. I'd hate for something more serious to crop up later down the road. Lets find out if we have an issue now and get it fixed up right.

Up to you, of course, but I believe there is a table field mis-match here, I just don't know how much of one we have...

Ok...I will do that and post back. However it is late and it will be tomorrow before I get another chance to do it.

I do agree that its best to make sure that it doesnt happen again though.

Thanks so much to you both for offering to help.

montego

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:37 am Reply with quote

No rush. Take your time and do a good analysis. The light is always on over here (we just may have fell asleep at the keyboard...)

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:51 am Reply with quote

I had this issue when upgrading from 7.5 to RN 1.x
For some strange reason a couple of new (at random) registered users usernames suddenly appeared in the forum as Moderators (as against being assigned under the Moderator label).
Obviously I corrected those by changing their access in the forum management area. It has not happened since, which is even more puzzling but as it never occured again, I didn't prioritise and investigation.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.6

View next topic
View previous topic