Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NSN Other
iampiglet

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 11:37 am Reply with quote

I'm new with phpNuke, and sorry for my poor English language, but I'll try my best to describe my problem.

I installed phpNuke 7.8 with patched 3.2,
and installed NSN Groups 171 -- that's fine, no problem. I can create member groups as I want.

Then I installed NSN Group Download_760_102a (as I would like to allow only specified groups of members to download only).
The problem is: The files aren't added to the system. When I add files to download, the system is silent, nothing happen and no files have been added. I also can't add description in the box (see picture at: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] ).
There is also error message at the corner on the left of browser, 'Error on page'.

I would like to know how or what I should do to solve this problem?
or what modules should I use?
or how can I do to allow only specified groups of members to download?

Thank you very much for your help. I do really have no idea how to solve it.

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 2:15 pm Reply with quote

Did you run the NSN Group Downloads installation script? It sounds like the tables are not correct.

iampiglet

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 8:36 am Reply with quote

Yes, I did run the installation script, and then copy files (follow instruction in readme file).

Still doesn't work. :'(

gregexp
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 9:06 am Reply with quote

nsn groups downloads if im not mistakin is a module that works on its own without any overwriting. goto phpmyadmin...verify that the tables are there...u need to have em there just for this module to work correctly, and does ur downloads module show correctly...see if its a file error..somethin wont be right in either the admin page or the downloads page...so lets isolate it down...if neither of these pages show any errors...then i must say its got to be in the tables in the event they are not there...goto the installer and make sure u select install.if after doin all this...u see there to still be a problem..pm me on yahoo..and ill see if i cant help u more directly.

Client

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 4:16 pm Reply with quote

Did you set the right permissions on the folder that you're trying to upload the file too?

Last edited by Nomad on Wed May 31, 2006 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total 
montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 5:48 pm Reply with quote

Actually, that is a key point that Nomad has brought up. Are you trying to use the download's upload feature? Or, does this still not work after you FTP your download to the server and then create a download which references it?

iampiglet

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:09 am Reply with quote

darklord wrote:
nsn groups downloads if im not mistakin is a module that works on its own without any overwriting. goto phpmyadmin...verify that the tables are there...u need to have em there just for this module to work correctly, and does ur downloads module show correctly...see if its a file error..somethin wont be right in either the admin page or the downloads page...so lets isolate it down...if neither of these pages show any errors...then i must say its got to be in the tables in the event they are not there...goto the installer and make sure u select install.if after doin all this...u see there to still be a problem..pm me on yahoo..and ill see if i cant help u more directly.

Thank you very much for your opinions,

So far what I have done are:

I installed it by following the instructions in readme file (run setup then copy files).
The tables are there (no errors),
The page in admin page is also fine,
I set the permission of the folder to be 777 ( I FTP files to the server first, then create a download which references it ).

I still can't create a new category, and also create a download which references the files in the server).

:'(

gregexp

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:37 am Reply with quote

are u sure that all files uploaded correctly...sometimes this is the case when dealing with such matters...with that version..it works..i cant remember any bugs ive ever found in it...and now after lookin at ur pic Blonde Moment

i dont believe that all files were installed correctly...plz verify that all files where uploaded correctly..i do believe one edit must be made in the admin file...plz verify that that is done correctly.

montego

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:26 am Reply with quote

When you re-FTP your files, try using "binary" option. I want to rule out something that Raven always harps on (i.e., files not properly FTP'd).

gregexp

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:34 am Reply with quote

ok well i think we got it...he pmed me after trying this all himself..heres what i did...we reinstalled the module...then i went and made an sql file for him to run a query on it...i didnt see one in the installer..so i made one for him to use...then i tried to add a download...and that darn tiny_mce editor got in the way...this i think was the original problem but he had dropped the tables and the installer would not make them again...server issue i think(it was extrmely slow)...i told him he needed to search for a more suitable and upto date host...of course i gave him a couple hints as to who offers that..i wont promote other hosting here but i did drop ravens hosting in that line...although the fact that raven owns it might be better publicity then my words Laughing )

once i realized the problem...i searched through almost all the files called on no matter what page u visit in nuke and i found the code callin the tiny_mce editor and commented the whole set out

includes/javascript.php:
Code:
//if (is_admin($admin) AND defined('ADMIN_FILE') AND $advanced_editor == 1 AND !defined('NO_EDITOR')) {

//   echo "<!-- tinyMCE -->
//      <script language=\"javascript\" type=\"text/javascript\" src=\"includes/tiny_mce/tiny_mce.js\"></scr ipt>
//      <script language=\"javascript\" type=\"text/javascript\">
//         tinyMCE.init({
//      mode : \"textareas\",
//      theme : \"advanced\",
//      language : \"$lang\",
//      force_p_newlines: \"false\",
//      force_br_newlines: \"true\",
//      plugins : \"table,advhr,advimage,advlink,emotions,iespell,insertdatetime,preview,zoom,flash,searchreplace,print\",
//      theme_advanced_buttons1_add : \"fontselect,fontsizeselect\",
//      theme_advanced_buttons2_add : \"separator,insertdate,inserttime,preview,zoom,separator,forecolor,backcolor\",
//      theme_advanced_buttons2_add_before: \"cut,copy,paste,separator,search,replace,separator\",
//      theme_advanced_buttons3_add_before : \"tablecontrols,separator\",
//      theme_advanced_buttons3_add : \"emotions,iespell,flash,advhr,separator,print\",
//      theme_advanced_toolbar_location : \"top\",
//      theme_advanced_toolbar_align : \"left\",
//      theme_advanced_path_location : \"bottom\",
//      $edtcss
//          plugin_insertdate_dateFormat : \"%Y-%m-%d\",
//          plugin_insertdate_timeFormat : \"%H:%M:%S\",
//      extended_valid_elements : \"a[name|href|target|title|onclick],img[class|src|border=0|alt|title|hspace|vspace|width|height|align|onmouseover|onmouseout|name],hr[class|width|size|noshade],font[face|size|color|style],span[class|align|style]\",
//      external_link_list_url : \"example_link_list.js\",
//      external_image_list_url : \"example_image_list.js\",
//      flash_external_list_url : \"example_flash_list.js\",
//      file_browser_callback : \"fileBrowserCallBack\"
//   });
//   function fileBrowserCallBack(field_name, url, type) {
//      // This is where you insert your custom filebrowser logic
//      alert(\"Filebrowser callback: \" + field_name + \",\" + url + \",\" + type);
//   }      </scr ipt>
//      <!-- /tinyMCE -->";
//} elseif (is_admin($admin) AND $advanced_editor != 1 AND $name != "Private_Messages" AND $name != "Forums" AND !defined('NO_EDITOR')) {
//      <script language=\"javascript\" type=\"text/javascript\" src=\"includes/tiny_mce/tiny_mce.js\"></scr ipt>
//          mode : \"textareas\",
//           theme : \"basic\",
//         language : \"$lang\",
//         $edtcss
//         force_p_newlines: \"false\",
//         force_br_newlines: \"true\"
//         });
//      </scr ipt>
//} elseif ($name != "Private_Messages" AND $name != "Forums" AND !defined('NO_EDITOR')) {
//         mode : \"textareas\",
//         theme : \"default\",
//         language : \"$lang\",
//         $edtcss
//         force_p_newlines: \"false\",
//         force_br_newlines: \"true\"
//         });
//      </scri pt>
//}

Now if im not mistakin...this should disable the editor for the enitre site.
I know i probably could have either disabled it through config.php or through namin each module no editor...but i thought this would end that preoblem all together.

I replied after helping to try to give some1 who might look at this for a solution somethin they can grasp...hope this helps.

iampiglet

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:39 am Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for your help. I do really appreciate it indeed, as I'd spent so much time to solve this problem.

gregexp

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:54 am Reply with quote

dont think twice about it....glad to give a hand

were do u think i started learning? RavensScripts

montego

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:10 am Reply with quote

Thanks "D"!

gregexp

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:24 am Reply with quote

Just out of curiousity...u all know better then i do...will this disable the editor throughout the entire nuke?...i had 7.8 installed on a test site all of 3 minutes be4 i tore it down and went to another nuke Laughing Laughing

montego

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:59 am Reply with quote

I believe you are correct, although, I have stopped at 7.6 and have never looked forward at the new nukes. Just too many issues with them and the TinyMCE integration. I prefer to not get hacked myself.... Wink

I think you could have placed some additional IF statements in there to determine what module was being used and possible just remove it for the Downloads module, but again, I've never used anything above 7.6 nor do I ever plan to...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NSN Other

View next topic
View previous topic