Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.00.00 - v2.02.00 Distro
srhh
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:24 pm Reply with quote

This is an issue I had with the previous RN and still have a problem posting really long news articles (about 5 pages+) with the new release. When I try to either preview or publish lengthy articles, it just redirects back to the homepage. Any ideas?

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:43 pm Reply with quote

srhh, where News articles are concerned, this package is simply a Nuke 7.6 with 3.1 patches already applied. If you cannot do this in this package, then I am sure you cannot do it in regular Nuke either.

I believe the Content module was more suited for lengthly content pages. I would suggest creating the Content page(s) -- use the module's page break feature to force page breaks where you want them -- and then just point a news article to that content page.

Just a thought...

srhh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:10 pm Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried to put it in a content page and the same thing happens..I just get a redirect to the homepage. There was another thread on nukefixes about this problem, another user was having the same issue as I am. Here is the link so you're up to date: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

I switched hosts since that post; to the marvelous and wonderful world of Raven Hosting! So I don't think its an issue with MySQL as I had thought. I didn't get any responses in nukefixes, and that is why I thought it might have been something unique to this distro.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:51 pm Reply with quote

Are your articles longer than 65535 characters? The field type is text and text is a string with a maximum length of 65535 characters.

srhh

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:38 am Reply with quote

I ran it through a character count and it came up as being just shy of 57000 characters long. I think I may be setting off some kind of banned word as I cut the article down to about 6000 and it still won't post?
(It is a womens health and spirituality site, so ya know, some descriptive words are necessary....and there are alot of articles about these ideas and I need to be able to post them.) I already looked at the banned word list in the config.php and didn't see anything, but took out and added a few things to the list. Is there another banned word list I'm not aware of?

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:43 am Reply with quote

Please zip up your original ~57,000 text and email it to me. I'll check it out.

Dawg
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:13 am Reply with quote

Raven is right. (What am I saying....Raven is ALWAYS right...) I JUST had this problem a week or so ago. The issue is the "text" field in the database. Change it to "Long Text". No harm done and now your article can be really long. I posted a book with 307 pages.

Dawg

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:09 am Reply with quote

In this instance it was a case of NukeSentinel(tm) being overly aggressive. Since her text was less than 65535 it was not a var type issue. There were several instances of the word union and NS was just saying 'no way'. Since she's an admin it protected her from being banned. I provided her with a work around and now all is well speedtype

southern
Client

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:08 pm Reply with quote

Dawg wrote:
Raven is right. (What am I saying....Raven is ALWAYS right...)

That's true, Dawg. If there were no God we'd have to invent one and call Him Raven Laughing

Raven, are there other words besides u nion that might cause this? What's the workaround?

Raven

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:33 pm Reply with quote

Look at modules/nukesentinel.php and see the words that NS flags in GET and POST. Then, just use an html entity for one of the letters.

southern

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:17 pm Reply with quote

OK, thanks... I looked at the stories that had been getting me redirected and found a few 'u nions', European U nion, trade u nion and so forth... who knew NS was so discerning? Well, you did lol

BobMarion
Former Admin in Good Standing

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:23 pm Reply with quote

NukeSentinel can be set so that it won't test for "U nion" on admin input if that would help solve your issue. It shouldn't case any security issues since it would only disable it for admins.

Raven

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 3:31 am Reply with quote

But I believe when the user reads it or comments on it, it bans him. I coulde be confusing it with another issue. Bob, can you confirm?

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 5:34 pm Reply with quote

I would guess not... only when the user is actively submitting something with uni0n in it. Say through the Submit News module... also the Web_Links/Downloads that pass the title variable around

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.00.00 - v2.02.00 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic