Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 6.9
southern
Client

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:47 pm Reply with quote

OK, I knew there'd be "something" after upgrading to 6.9! I clicked on Forums in my admin panel and only a blank white page came up with <? in the top left corner. Have I forgotten to upload something? Other than this the forums look and act normal although a <? can be seen on the forums pages in the top left.

Nukeum66
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 8:08 am Reply with quote

Have a look at this speedtypespeedtype> http://www.ravenphpscripts.com/postp3257.html#3257

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 11:57 am Reply with quote

Thanks Nukeum. I checked my config.php in modules/Forums and found:
Code:

<?php

@include("../../config.php");
define('PHPBB_INSTALLED', true);

?>

?>

I removed the last ?> and looked at my Forums admin, and it loads now. Smile Thanks for the lead to the other thread... I owe you some beers!

Nukeum66

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 2:27 pm Reply with quote

I'll settle for a Pepsi Laughing

chatserv
Member Emeritus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 2:45 pm Reply with quote

I'll take the beer and send you a pepsi N66 Razz

Nukeum66

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 3:51 pm Reply with quote

Great! Send it to Arrow [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] Laughing

southern

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 6:06 pm Reply with quote

If I have it straight it's beers for chatserv and Pepsi for Nukeum. OK, I'll stand for both! Anyway I just checked my fresh 6.9 files that I used to upgrade and I found that config.php in modules/Forums has:
Code:

<?php

@include("../../mainfile.php");
define('PHPBB_INSTALLED', true);

?>

I wonder why on my site the config.php calls the root config.php but the config on my computer calls mainfile.php? Seems to me that after uploading files would have the same calls to other files as before uploading.

chatserv

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 6:21 pm Reply with quote

I had changed it to mainfile.php in one of the sec-fix patches as a workaround for those that moved config.php from the root directory, in the sites i used it like that i had no problems but if you do you can change it to config.php

southern

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 7:07 pm Reply with quote

It was changed to config.php and it wasn't me who changed it. All I did was upload the 6.9 files, run the upgrade script and run the upgrade forums script, so I assume one of these put the config.php call in and removed the mainfile.php call... and put in an extra ?> which caused the blank page in Forums admin. No, I'm not gonna change it back to mainfile- I like your security fixes. Smile

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 6.9

View next topic
View previous topic