Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Post Installation Help
Taz
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:48 pm Reply with quote

Hey folks!

Has anyone ever used vbulletin with Phpnuke? It already has a built in subscription type service that allows users to subscribe to forums. They are emailed a summary of updated threads. It's not really the solution I wanted but I'm 13 days over due for opening my site and my boss is getting annoyed.

I still don't have the m2f working properly enough to open my site, and I'm starting to get desparate for an answer to this dilema. My boss wants users to be able to subscribe to the forums and get updates from them so that users don't post messages in the forums and then wait for days on end for someone to anwer them.

Any other solutions available for this for phpnuke/phpbb???

Thanks

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:27 pm Reply with quote

I've not seen an active development for vBulletin for phpNuke. It is probably because of the licensing issues, you aren't allowed to distribute a modded forum. Thus everyone would have to manually mod their forum to work in phpNuke.

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
Taz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:03 am Reply with quote

I have seen several phpnuke sites that run vbulletin instead of phpbb. I'm not looking to distribute anything, just to get something that works like the mail 2 forum so I can open my site.

Currently, we have a Yahoo users group. Everyone subscribes to it, and you either get every email or a digest of the emails to the group. Well, we support about 20 differnt software products, and a lot of people are not interested in receiving the emails from the other products. Hence our interest in php nuke and phpbb. My boss fears that if the members are not active, people will ask questions on the phpbb site, and they will just sit there. The whole idea of our site is for our users to collaborate, for use to help with support and something better than a yahoo group. I'm ready to open, but I cant get this one issue solved so my boss is happy with it. I personally don't think it will be a problem, but it is possible.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Post Installation Help

View next topic
View previous topic