Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Installation Help
Dragonies
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:22 pm Reply with quote

Hi

Can someone help me get the spchat module working with ravennuke76 distro please, or know of someone that can help

It has been suggested that it could be the nuke sentinel blocking some of its functions. I dont know if it would do this or not, If this is the case how do I go about setting the persmissions. It works fine in nuke 78 and some other nukes Smile

What is happening is, the rooms only come up for guests and not for registered users and also the user management page is not showing even though its uploaded

sorry I know is spchat, again, but it does work and I have scanned the spchat folder that I downloaded with norton first before installing, and its ok Smile

or maybe someone can be good enough to point me in the right direction where to get support. Thanks.

best wishes Dragonies

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:32 pm Reply with quote

Hopefully you weren't taking my suggestion. I believe SPChat uses non-standard (i.e. non-Nuke) database calls, which prevents NukeSentinel from working correctly. I may be wrong, but I wouldn't install it, even with NukeSentinel, until I knew for sure.

That said, if you believe NukeSentinel is causing it not to work, you could temporary remove NukeSentinel by commenting out the NukeSentinel include in mainfile.php and testing SPChat again. I don't think setting permissions in NukeSentinel would affect it either way (but I'd also guess NukeSentinel isn't causing the problems in the first place).

As for the rooms only showing up for guests, that's something you'd probably want to ask the developers. Not sure how to contact them, but it's probably in the readme or in the copyright, no?

Dragonies

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:59 am Reply with quote

Hi kgnuke

well no Smile I decided to ditch SPChat. they do work however in nukes that do not have sentinel in them, but personally, I do not think it is sentienel blocking some of the script.

I have used that nice module called php nuke tools, which I found last night Smile, to make a chat room with using the coding you get from chat forums.com. Smile They are some of the best chat rooms I have come across. And it works Smile

best wishes Dragonies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Installation Help

View next topic
View previous topic