Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.00.00 - v2.02.00 Distro
dubLeE
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:39 pm Reply with quote

what are best modules, tweaks, patches, block, etc etc to put into Raven7.6 to optimize the overall experience of RavenNuke?

right now i only have latest version installed... with some modules (Gallery2, Work Board, donation, etc etc) and blocks installed...

what else can i add to it? GT-NexGen? Cache Lite (not sure what that is, someone explain please)?

im also looking for the best download module that only lets registered users to download and has a fetching mod for security... i was think EDL (i have 2.1 but it doesnt work with 7.6 and i have fix for 1.7) or NSN Download one from Nukescripts...

what other modules block tweaks etc etc are good to have?

[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] is my site (it might have the construction splash up so juss type /index.php at the end, youll see my site)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:37 pm Reply with quote

That depends on what you need and what you want to accomplish with your site. You've already got some great addons, but the others address specific needs. If you want downloads, since NSN Groups is built into the current version and EDL no longer appears to be supported, you should look at NSN Group Downloads.

Susann

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:47 pm Reply with quote

I´m using in RavenNuke e.g. Fetch Mod, Raven´s Downloads Hack and VipDownloads instead of NSN Group Downloads.

dubLeE

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:04 pm Reply with quote

hmm ok i think i might just go with NSN Group Downloads since its pretty much all in one...

what about everything else? like GTNG and what not and other optimization stuff... is there anything else thats worth while to have?

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:26 am Reply with quote

I have personally GT'd my site, but there is alot of debate on the real need. Some claim to have seen better search engine crawling and placement and others claim to have seen none. Therefore, it *may* be a personal preference. (Sure wish we could actually get the search engines to "fess up" to whether its better or not!)

I have always wanted to install Cache Lite and Raven's admin module for it, but I haven't really been too concerned with performance as I don't really have enough content to slow it down. However, I have noticed that "external" content, such as RSS feeds, can slow things down if they are having issues on their end. So, I am still thinking of employing it some day when I can find the time, so that I can cache these blocks at least.

dubLeE

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:16 pm Reply with quote

ok looks like im gonna be GTing my site as well... now the question is how should i do it and what should i use? im think GT-NexGen since it seems to be the more widely used by everyone on this forums... so it should be easy to get help if need be...

what do you guy think?
im just trying to collect as much information as i can because imma have this site for a long time and want it running as smoothly as possible...

Steptoe
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:36 pm Reply with quote

Insatall what u NEED, and what your visitors/members NEED.
Not what u WANT. To have a succeesfull site.
There is a big diff between NEED and want.
A child NEEDS good food, wanting mac or KFC is not a need. Most Wants are detrimental to final objectives, regaurdless of the subject.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:05 am Reply with quote

Steptoe wrote:
Insatall what u NEED, and what your visitors/members NEED.
Not what u WANT. To have a succeesfull site.
There is a big diff between NEED and want.
A child NEEDS good food, wanting mac or KFC is not a need. Most Wants are detrimental to final objectives, regaurdless of the subject.
true true, very true..but i still wanted a general idea of whats good and whats not type of thing...

blith
Client

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:04 am Reply with quote

Susann wrote:
I´m using in RavenNuke e.g. Fetch Mod, Raven´s Downloads Hack and VipDownloads instead of NSN Group Downloads.

Where does one get these?

Susann

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:19 am Reply with quote

[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

VIPDownloads from: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
with language files in English and German.
(It´s possible that VIPDownloads works only for 1 group I did´t check the newest version)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.00.00 - v2.02.00 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic