Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Nuke Platinum
nukerocks

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:50 am Reply with quote

Hi ive been looking for this phpbb 2.0.18 forums to upgrade from 2.0.11 im aware of the security issues so am in desperate need for this.im using nuke platinum v7.6 Is anybody working on this and where could i find it ? im shure you guys are on the case ?

thanks in advance

peace

nuke rocks

64bitguy
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:05 am Reply with quote

There is no such upgrade for Platinum.

Platinum was abandoned by the Author techGFX and is supported only at Platinummods.com.

Unfortunately, there is no upgrade path to 2.0.18 for that platform and given the direction of the group that had been maintaining Platinum (in developing a replacement solution) I doubt you will see a path to 2.0.18 for Platinum in the future.

Sorry.

CurtisH
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:36 am Reply with quote

Steph would it be feasible for nukerocks to follow the manual upgrade directions provided at nukefixes.com ? Obviously if it is feasible, he would have to do the consecutive updates from 2.0.12, 2.0.13, 2.0.14, 2.0.15, 2.0.16, 2.0.17 and finally 2.0.18

Since Platinum has been abandoned this may not be the best way for nukerocks to go, but as a matter of reference the clarification might be useful to others.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 4:14 am Reply with quote

Thanks for your replys guys but this has left me without many options now ! my site is unsecure and no upgrades thats a shame ive just got everything running exactly as i want it on nuke platinum.

what should i do next ?

evo ?

suggestion ?

thanks

Loki
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:47 pm Reply with quote

Actually there will be an update for Platinum to 2.0.18. I am continuing the work on the project. Check out the updates http://www.nukeplanet.com.

CurtisH

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:16 pm Reply with quote

That will be great news for a lot of people.

Loki

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:52 pm Reply with quote

I have just released a new version with 230 preinstalled arcade games and numerous other addons. I am putting together the upgrade patch to 2.0.18 now and will post it when its complete. The latest version has Sentinel 2.4.1 installed in place of protector. Its a large download due to all the games, but I think it is a good package, if anyone is interested in trying it out, I could use some testers.

Its in my Downloads under Platinum 7.6.b.3 Gamers Edition.
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Sorry registration is required.

rave41799

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:34 am Reply with quote

OMG! Loki! You are AWESOME! Very Happy

I'm going to reg & d/l .... Thanks so much!

I was upset when techGFX gave up on NukePlat for w/e reason (never really looked into it that much) ...

Hopefully more people will keep NP going Very Happy

Steve_M

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:48 pm Reply with quote

Hi people,

Look, I'm sorry but I'm a bit out of the loop, I have been running Platinum for about a year and gave up trying to keep tabs on updates as the techgfx site used to time out too often on opening.

What is the "best" option for me now ?
I understand that there are security issues and also I'm running phpbb 2.0.13 still whereas I need to get to 2.0.18 plus have the ease and ability to install and run future upgrades.
I will prepare myself to have to move tables of the database over one by one if i have to, that wont be a problem, but please go steady with your answers as far as tech-lingo goes as I'm a bit slow.

Steve_M

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:03 pm Reply with quote

Thanks very much for that.

I had already done the initial basics under a new temp directory "newsite" but had trouble trying to work out which tables were what and also because platinum seemed to have either more felds or was missing fields in comparison in some tables.

105 tables on Raven compared to 310 on Plat is a little worrying though, seems that in converting to Raven distro one is giving up a mammoth installation with no updates in favour of a very basic one that is updated. That may not be the case, that's just the perception I have.

I am going to go through all the above tutorial running the site in the subdirectory from the new database in order to see how it pans out, but i have a feeling that I'll not delete my Plat site just yet as ideally I want to try and find something as good in utilities as what Platinum had, especially on the forum side with all the preloaded mods.

Thanks again Cap_Com, i do appreciate such a comprehensive response to my querey.

Captain_Computer
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:25 pm Reply with quote

Here is a site that has picked up where Platinum left off. It appears to have all the same blocks, modules, etc as platinum had. With the download there are instructions on how to go from platinum to Nuke-Evolution.

The problem with going to one of these other distros is that support for them could/may be dropped and you'll be in the same boat as you are with platinum. Going to RavenNuke is a safer bet.

Nuke-Evolution

Nuke-Evolution was formerly platinummods where he tried to keep nukePlatinum up to date.

nukePlatinum was filled with a lot of blot. Shopping Cart, Arcade, Games, etc. That was why there were so many extra tables.

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:07 am Reply with quote

Captain_Computer, I thought your instructions were excellent and so made it a "Sticky" over under the RavenNuke76 2.x forum. Everyone may access it here:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Thanks!

technocrat
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:54 am Reply with quote

Quote:
The problem with going to one of these other distros is that support for them could/may be dropped and you'll be in the same boat as you are with platinum. Going to RavenNuke is a safer bet.

Any distro or CMS is under the same possible demise, even ravennuke. Its unfair to say that one is more or less likely than another.

For future reference futurenuke.com is holding down the fort now, as it looks as though Loki has moved on.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Nuke Platinum

View next topic
View previous topic