Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Themes
akky
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:38 am Reply with quote

I'm trying to change a css sheet for prediction league to roughly match the fisubice theme.

In a block, if it contains a table, where are the style settings for the table shown. I've been looking for an example on this site, but cant see any blocks that use table, if so i would be able to give you an example.

Thanks

Akky[/img]

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:13 am Reply with quote

For each tag defined within the table structure you can simply add the attribute of class="<<name you give>>" and control the formatting. I would recommend defining NEW names for these CSS elements so that you can control most of the look of the table.

For example, you could define something like this in your CSS file:

Code:

.myTBLTag {background-color: black; color: white}
.myTRTag {vertical-align: top}
.myTDTag {text-align: right; white-space:nowrap}

And now, you might have a table which looks like this:

Code:

<table class="myTBLTag">
   <tr class="myTRTag">
         <td>This text will default to left-aligned</td>
         <td class="myTDTag">This text will be right aligned</td>
   </tr>
</table>

Basically, this example would give you a table with one row and two columns of text. It will have a white on black background for the text, the text will be top aligned within the row, and the first column of text will be left-aligned and the second column will be right-aligned.

Hope that helps!

akky

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:02 am Reply with quote

thx for the reply, I'm really trying to find the colors used in the theme, when a table is built. If you take for example the nukeleague module and the 'standings' block it uses, I'm trying to find the colors it uses when it builds the table.

I'm sorry if I sent you up the wrong path. However, I did use your example to try and locate the required code but still cant find it. I have a fealing but am not certain that the variable $bgcolor1 or 2 might be it, but I cant't find the color hex numbers.

'edit' I've just found a tool [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] that allows me to hover over any color and get the hex info, I'm sure I can 'frig' the css to match.
'edit'

Thanks

akky

montego

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:37 am Reply with quote

There are a few other threads in these forums which discuss the difficulties with tracking down theme formatting. There are just so many places which come into play. Try doing a Google Search within THIS site using the keywords of "theme css" and may find what you are looking for.

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:58 am Reply with quote

Most themes have a styles directory and a styles.css file in that. If you look in the code for header.php which is in the nuke root directory, you will see that it loads the style file for whatever the default theme is. So one logical place to look to find any styles that are affecting your page is in this file. However, styles can also be defined within the theme.php file or even "in-line" in the code. One technique that I use when I puzzled by where something is coming form in Nuke is to do a global search from the nuke root directory assuming that your editor supports that. Different editors deal with the results differently: Dreamweaver opens all the files and UEstudio will just list the occurrences for instance. Choosing your search criteria appropriately to keep the search narrow yet relevant is the key.

Another technique is to do a view source and look at where the code that's bothering you shows up and to try to work backwards from that to deduce which PHP program or style file might be generating it. Hope that helps.

hitwalker
Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:16 am Reply with quote

well the most easy way of finding out a color is to start up photoshop,then make a screen shot and use the brush tool to point on the color in the screenshot.
then voila it shows the color..

montego

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:58 am Reply with quote

Good idea hitwalker Wink

I have recently found GIMP -- GNU/free -- tool for doing graphics. I think with it, you can use the "eyedropper" to even pick a color on a separate browser window.. ie., your site.

hitwalker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:14 pm Reply with quote

yeah i know gimp,i used it long ago but went for photoshop instead...
gimp is interesting if you want to keep your images small in size.

akky

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:12 am Reply with quote

I've managed to get it almost matching my site. At least the default colours in PL now nearly resemble my phpnuke site. Some interesting replies on the colours, especially hitwalker. thanks guys.

Akky

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Themes

View next topic
View previous topic