Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Themes
FishinKev

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:53 pm Reply with quote

Ok.....
First off hello everyone. I needed a break from the .php headaches and my friend asked me to make a theme for him.
I used 3D-Fantasy as a temple to work off of. I read somewhere on here that it was good to start with. Which in my opinion it is. I tryed to make a clean theme and just have a few touch up's to do.
Two small problems though....

1. First off is getting the header to drop down a bit. "STUMPED!!!!!" (i thought it was off the bottom of header.html but i played and nothing of the sort. Im thinking somewhere there is a "cellpadding" or something. But could this be from tables.php? In there ofcourse there is cellpadding.
2. And the second is to add a background to it. I was thinking of useing some sort of scan lines on a 45% angle. But where to do this im stumbled! My first thoughts is the theme "index.html"

Thanks again.
Also any feedback would be great!
Just please don't make me cry Wink

This is the site im doing, but here is a screenshot to save the click... [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:39 pm Reply with quote

Look at view source and then figure out where in the php code that comes from. Most likely there is a themeheader function. I can see a div align=center and a (probably) redundant center code on your page and then a 840 pixel table. You could just move the table down with a couple of br's I think.

For the background image there is probably a css file in your theme directory. Use syntax such as the following to point it to an image:

body
{
background-image:
url('bgdesert.jpg')
}

That might get you started until someone else with more knowledge of the specific themes you are working with can help out.

FishinKev

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:12 pm Reply with quote

Ok I got the space problem fixed. There was a little <br> hidden in there.

As for the BG nopers.
After vieweing the page source through my browser. I see

Code:
<body bgcolor="#ffffff" text="#000000" link="#363636" vlink="#363636" alink="#d5ae83"><br>

OK i think i got it. In the theme header part of theme.php there are the settings
Code:
echo "<body bgcolor=\"#ffffff\" text=\"#000000\" link=\"#363636\" vlink=\"#363636\" alink=\"#d5ae83\"><br>\n\n\n";

I assume this is it. I don't belive i never saw this earlier. I probably looked at it 100 times.

fkelly

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:24 pm Reply with quote

Teach a man to fish ...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Themes

View next topic
View previous topic