Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.00.00 - v2.02.00 Distro
Darrell3831
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:23 am Reply with quote

RN 7.6v2.02

Is there any sort of configuration variable that could be adjusted which sets the amount of time a person is considered as being online and active?

When people leave without logging off the User Information block is reporting them as online long after they have left.

This feature artificially inflates the number of people online at any given moment.

Also, the user information block that comes with this version dosent seem to honor the appear invisible flag in your profile.

Is that something I may have misconfigured?

Thanks,
Darrell

Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:45 am Reply with quote

That's a great question. I installed CNB Your Account which seems to address this issue, but I have had some problems with how it works with the cookie checker. What I don't know is, was it necessary to install CNB YA to access these fields or whether they already existed in the base distro, and if so, how do I access them.

I think the issue is tied into the cookie that is stored on the users machine, and CNYBA has a Cookie Configuration and some settings that change the Allowed period of pageview inactivity, which sounds to me like if the time is exceeded the user is logged off. I have had trouble getting support for this module so I am making some assumptions here that may be incorrect.

How are you monitoring who is logged in and when they log off? I am just curious about the answer to this as well.

Darrell3831

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:56 am Reply with quote

A person is taken off the users online as soon as they log out, regardless of if they leave the site or not. This aspect is working correctly in my opinion.

You had asked how I monitor this.

I have several computers and run test accounts and test users from them and watch what happens as I move them around.

You can also watch people move around with programs like crafty syntax live. Or other help systems if properly installed.

The thing I'm seeing is that the software is considering them online for a longer period of time than I would think is intended. Something like 30 minutes of inactivity and they are still there.

The forum is handling the inactivity period correctly. It is set for about 5 minutes of inactivity.

Thanks,
Darrell

Taz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:48 am Reply with quote

Right, I seem to remeber seeing the period of inactivity in the phpbb configuration. But I don't remember seeing anything in the php-nuke side for this until I installed the CNB Ya application.

For phpbb is that the Session length [ seconds ] that controls this? (i'm learning too! Smile )

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.00.00 - v2.02.00 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic