Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NSN Other
whitebox
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:58 pm Reply with quote

does anyone knows is there anyway to transfer my exsisting download tables (i'm using EDL) to nsn gr download tables. i do not care about that extra stuff that comes with edl all i care is categories and downloads.
i have over 500 files and i would like to switch to nsn gr download.
thanks

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:54 am Reply with quote

whitebox, I am not familar with EDL, but I do know that NSN GR Downloads copies over the key data from the standard nuke downloads tables such as categories and downloads. If the base core nuke downloads tables were used for EDL, there is a good chance they will work with NSN GR Downloads (the installer will copy over the data). However, I would either try this out on a local test environment and/or take a backup of your database AND files before you try it so that you can quickly get back if it does not work.

whitebox

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:51 am Reply with quote

yes montego, EDL does put all download and cat into nuke_download_download and nuke_download_categories tables, but when i looked at the ns gr dl table they only use nsngr_dl_down (or something like that and nsngr_dl_cat (something like that).
i'm doing my testing with nsn gr download 750 101 is there newer version, i can't find anything that is higher the that ?
thanks

montego

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:55 am Reply with quote

whitebox, I am using NSN_GR_Downloads_750_103pl1. I am thinking the EDL downloads and categories should copy over just fine then.

whitebox

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:04 pm Reply with quote

you right, i found nsn gr download 760_120 installed that one, got my db, upload the the big db, when back to instalation of the nsn gr, saw that there is option to copy data picked that. copied got done, looked my download module all my cat and dl are there.
so we can tell that nsn gr will take over all dl and cat from EDL too.
anyway thanks montego !!!

montego

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:06 pm Reply with quote

whitebox, most excellent! Glad it worked and thanks for letting us know.

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:50 am Reply with quote

whitebox, can you tell us where you found that version (760_120) either here or on this post?

whitebox

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:34 pm Reply with quote

i have the file on my server at home i'll post it on my site for download in couple minutes, you'll find it under Nukescripts/Everything Else category.
my site is [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NSN Other

View next topic
View previous topic