Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Religion - General
jimmo
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:14 am Reply with quote

I think it is pretty uncool to let someone imply that I a dog/pig without letting me respond. Simply cutting off the discussion seems to be in direct contradiction to the description of the forum:

Quote:
This forum is for the discussions of religion. There is to be absolute respect for people in this forum. I will be very strict about banning anyone who attacks anyone else. I will allow intense discussions however, just respect the persons. If someone is out of line, report him to me if I miss it and I will make the sole determination as to the outcome.

The discussion was intense, but don't you think that implying I was a dog a pig is an attack and does not "respect the persons"?

Should I decide to post in the future, can interpet the closure of that thread to mean that intense discussions are only allowed if the poster has the same opinions as the site operator?

hitwalker
Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:28 am Reply with quote

Whats the point jimmo ?
I would rule exactly the same on my site and maybe even harder.
With community websites theres 1 owner,1 person who makes up the groundrules.
We may not like it always but the owner decide what rules there are and when to close a topic.
And maybe religion is also a bit more sensitive subject ....then i get a blank page when upgraded. Smile

Last edited by hitwalker on Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:36 am; edited 1 time in total 
jaded
Theme Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:30 am Reply with quote

Quote:
Should I decide to post in the future, can interpet the closure of that thread to mean that intense discussions are only allowed if the poster has the same opinions as the site operator?

Confused wow, that was a bit abrassive don't you think? Raven is always VERY fair about the things that happen on this site. If he deleted the thread it was because he saw the need to. IF it was an inflamatory dicussion and he felt that it would just lead to a larger problem of course he would close it. Any good site operator would. There is nothing good that comes from a public fight especially about religion. I don't know his exact reason for closing the thread but I can guess. Please refrain from implying that Raven is unfair. He has always been a very fair man in all the things that he does here on the site. Thanks RavensScripts

Ghost Stories & More [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] 
Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:23 am Reply with quote

There is no but. It is my site - period. You are here because I allow you to be. This forum is here because I allow it to be. I encourage open and intense discussions, that are going somewhere and/or where there is a solid basis for the positions that people hold. That one wasn't. Neither will this one. And no, you don't have to agree with me, but you are intent on getting the last word in by mis-applying Scripture and taking it out of context. You also want to base your arguments on your perception of Jesus rather than the accepted and proven historical record. You build your house on sand rather than the Solid Rock. VinDSL used Scripture that was given by God as an analogy, not as calling you that personally, another misapplication of Scripture on your part. Whether you like it or not, I will not debate, for too long, with people that have no intention on discussing, but to push their agenda. Your original post was flame bait right from the beginning. If you want to have that type of "discussion" then go elsewhere.

Do not start another thread on this.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Religion - General

View next topic
View previous topic