Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.8
IcyHotgymshorts

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:12 am Reply with quote

Okay. When using a redirect for my website I/other users cannot login.

when using my real URL me and my users can login just fine. I've spent about 3 days looking through countless pages where people ask the same question but others just reply with "heres a link to the thread" and that thread just has another thread/search link. I can log in fine with firefox.
Also, if I choose "accept all cookies" in my IE options I have no problem, but I can possible ask everyone to either download firefox or accept all cookies.

my real URL is [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

(that one has a redirect to [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

my redirects are:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

My paid domain (.net) host is godaddy.com

In php-nuke Admin preferences my site URL is [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

BTW: After I login it just shows what ever user I tried to log in as, the avatar, website, profile

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:14 am Reply with quote

Why all the redirects?

IMO, it is not unreasonable to tell your users that they need to put your site in their trusted zones and accept all cookies. If that's a requirement of your site, regardles as to the reason, it's a requirement of your site. There are many major sites on the Internet that won't allow you access unless you either have cookies and/or javascript enabled. Like it or not, you will accommodate them if you want to use their site.

Last edited by Raven on Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total 
evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:36 am Reply with quote

Unfortunately those cloaked url schemes don't usually work, especially IE. I recommend using a real DNS service

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
IcyHotgymshorts

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:41 pm Reply with quote

First I started out a tk, then I saw a co.nr offer, took it because the ads weren't as bad as the tk but then I registered a net Wink I'm just curios as to why my site was easily assessable before and now it isn't =/.

When you say DNS service what do you mean? I'm pretty big newbie when it comes to websites =p. Btw, thank you for your replies

I am also curios as to why the redirect causes this and what is that little syntax error I'm getting on the lower bottom part of my screen?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.8

View next topic
View previous topic