Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Seeking applications ...
flid
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 5:26 am Reply with quote

I am looking for a module where members of my community who have there own site can submit updates, is there anything like that around?

also does anyone know of a download cart, where people can just add downloads to their cart and then download everything they have selected.

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 9:38 am Reply with quote

What type of updates? There are several modules that allow members to submit things (e.g. their own webpages on your site).

osCommerce has the download functionality, and it's been integrated with PHP-Nuke. Other PHP-Nuke carts may have similar functionality, but I'm not aware of it.

flid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 9:47 am Reply with quote

basically if someone updates their site ie they add a new download or have some news on there site they i would like for them to be able to post an update to it on my site.

sort of thing saying, visit [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] today we have....etc

kguske

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 9:58 am Reply with quote

Why not use the News module for this? For even better functionality, check out NSN-News 2.0 from [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

flid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 10:00 am Reply with quote

can i use that in conjunction with the news module that comes with phpnuke.

kguske

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 10:53 am Reply with quote

No. It replaces the standard News module, but it's MUCH more functional.

flid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:33 am Reply with quote

ah thanks, i am after something that i can run along side my own news.

kguske

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 12:35 pm Reply with quote

You could still use News, but give your news a different topic. Or, you could use Forum News Advanced, which makes forum topics appear on the main page. Or you could use one of the modules that lets users post a single page on your site, though I'm not sure how that would be presented on your index page (maybe with a block?). The point is that there are several options...you can review demos or live implementations for most of them to decide which you prefer...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Seeking applications ...

View next topic
View previous topic