Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.4.x
Doulos
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:59 am Reply with quote

The short story is .. I am getting this error File does not exist or is not correctly CHMODed. under the line for staccess path in the administration area of nukesentinel.

The long story is that I forgot to chmod the .htaccess and staccess files to 666 and to set my admin passwords up before trying to set up Admin Auth. Then I chmod'd the files to 666 and tried again - then it immediately asked for my admin name and p/w. It would not accept my info so I checked the .staccess file and it was empty. Then to get into my admin page I had to manually enter my username and encryped password into my .staccess file and upload it to server. This allowed me to access the admin page but when I set up my admin users and p/w and clicked on the "save changes" nothing happens (no change). The new admins u/n and p/w are not written to the .staccess file (I subsequently added these to the .staccess file manually) and I still get the error message: File does not exist or is not correctly CHMODed.. Then I checked the chmod of the files again and they are set at 666. I don't get it.
Everything works but I get the error message. Anyone know why?

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:08 pm Reply with quote

That error means just that. One of the 2 things is incorrect. Try chmodding to 777. If that doesn't work then it's a pathing issue

Doulos

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:03 pm Reply with quote

I tried chmoding it to 777 -- nope. As for it being a pathing issue- how is that possible? NukeSentinel finds my .staccess or else it wouldn't accept my uname and pw, right?

Maybe I will just uninstall it and reinstall making sure to follow the directions. Embarassed

Raven

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:30 pm Reply with quote

.staccess cannot function w/o .htaccess. So, if NukeSentinel(tm) is prompting you for your name/pw, then you are using HTTPAuth and don't need .htaccess nor .staccess. You do need .htaccess for writing blocked IP's although, here again, NukeSentinel(tm) has its own table and can still function w/o .htaccess. It's just an extra layer with some added benefit, but you are JUST as secure w/o it.

Doulos

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:16 pm Reply with quote

OK, I don't think I am using HTTPAuth because I get this error message:

HTTPAuth Requires "register_globals" to be ON

Am I at risk with register_globals ON?

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:48 pm Reply with quote

In my opinion no. There's overhype on that. But, you say you are getting prompted by NukeSentinel(tm). NukeSentinel only prompts with HTTPAuth ot CGIAuth. Something isn't adding up.

Doulos

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:50 pm Reply with quote

I just checked my other site (doulos-usa.com - with the same host) and I don't get the file "does not exist" message that I get with clanfga.com, everything is fine. I am using CGIauth - HTTPAuth is not an option - only choices are "Off" and "CGIAuth" (registers_Global is ON)

When I use the IP_Tracking module on the doulos-usa site I get this message:

Quote:
/poweb-bin/php4
before each link. and when I click on the link this message comes up:

[quote]Security Alert! The PHP CGI cannot be accessed directly.

This PHP CGI binary was compiled with force-cgi-redirect enabled. This means that a page will only be served up if the REDIRECT_STATUS CGI variable is set, e.g. via an Apache Action directive.

For more information as to why this behaviour exists, see the manual page for CGI security.

For more information about changing this behaviour or re-enabling this webserver, consult the installation file that came with this distribution, or visit the manual page.
[/qoute]

When I do the IP_Tracking on the clanfga site I don't get the "/powweb-bin/php4" at the beginning of the link and clicking on the link takes me to the place the user went - just like it is supposed to. (CGIAuth and Registers_global is OFF on this site)

Any ideas why? Is this part of the CGIAuth stuff?

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:01 pm Reply with quote

Check your .htaccess file on the site that is working and see if there are any directives in it that are not in the other. Then, I would contact your host and ask them to make sure that the Virtual Hosts directives (in httpd.conf) are the same for both of your domains.

Doulos

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:02 am Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
That error means just that. One of the 2 things is incorrect. Try chmodding to 777. If that doesn't work then it's a pathing issue

"For security reasons" my host has decided not to allow chmoding to 666 or 777.
Is there some other chmod that will allow httpAuth and CGIAuth to work properly.

NOTE: I was able to get the error message for HTTPAuth to go away by turning on register_global in a custom php.ini file. Still getting the "file is not properly chmoded or the file doesn't exist error for the CGIAuth.

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:27 am Reply with quote

Ezekiel wrote:
"For security reasons" my host has decided not to allow chmoding to 666 or 777.

Pathetic.

You can try 664 and 775

Doulos

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:00 pm Reply with quote

Raven wrote:

Pathetic.

You can try 664 and 775

Ya, they also are permantly operating in "safe mode". I get error message saying what I want to do can't be done while the server is in save mode. I don't know if they got hacked a while back or what.

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:05 pm Reply with quote

Then try 660 anf 770

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.4.x

View next topic
View previous topic